What can be improved here?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Construction, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Construction

Construction Guest

I've seen a few people say the site is going downhill, or, not as good as it was, or about to implode, or whatever, and I just wondered what people thought could be done here to improve the site, or stop it imploding, or whatever it is that people feel needs to happen.

Before anyone posts, please note this is NOT a bash mods, members, individuals, admin, the site, or anyone/thing else. This, in my eyes, is a constructive debate looking at how as a community we can work to make improvements here.

Alternatively, if people feel there don't need to be any improvements and the site is fine as it is, then that's a valid input here too.

I haven't seen one of these threads around, so if there is one, then I'm sorry for not seeing it, and feel free to ignore this one :)
  2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Just seems like there are more personal attacks, and a general lack of caring among some members. This is not to say there are not a ton of great people here... just seems like the amount that like to bring others down has grown. This is nothing to do with the mods, they do what they can, you can only do so much.
  3. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

the mods are great
    but i think that because of the new rules,
    people are going more against them
    ive noticed that more poeple are going after
    the ones who have suggested the new rules.
    myself included, but it wasnt big enough to report.

if theres more than four persons in a room
    i really think that there should be a mod in there
    instead of having two in the main chat and then
    none where five people are gathered.

i respect the mod's efforts, and i do believe that the
    point system will improve the site.
  4. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

totally agree with this taylor x
  5. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Me too... but don't worry things will settle themselves out and the greater good will prevail :hug:
  6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

1- the mods are not hired, they are MEMBERS they are "depresed" etc too.

2- no matter what society you go to, online real etc there is ALWAYS a group of people hell bent on braking the rules or arguing them.

3- no matter what changes are suggested there will ALWAYS be someone who disagrees.

to improve the site, imho. people just need to relax. take a step back a remember why they came here, and why OTHERS come here.
    yes there are cliques, yes there are people who are friends, yes the ruules arent perfect and dont suit everyone. but please SOMEONE show me a utopian society IRL or online and i will commed you and then start the mod bashing myself.
    untill then i think it all should be left alone. they have just spent so many of their own hours putting together a new system becuase we were all complaining.

give it a chance!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.