What can i do if i dont want to live here

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by AmberBreeze, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberBreeze

    AmberBreeze New Member

    Im 15 and i hate my where i live and my house and my family. My parents are alcoholics..what are my options for a place to live or is running away the only one? All my relatives wont accept me because they have finical issues.
  2. GoldenPsych

    GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

    If you are under the age of 18 and your parents drinking is having negative effects on your the best thing to do is contact social services. If you are in England or Wales the local authority has a duty to provide under 18's with accommodation.

    Running away is not really an option. At 15 you have no qualifications and the way things are at the moment you are unlikely to find work without qualifications or a ton of experience.

    What else don't you like about where you live?
  3. pointblank

    pointblank Member

    I don't know where in the world you live but most of the time if you are under 16 you can't leave home legally (That's how it is here in Canada). I hate to say it but I agree with GoldenPsych and contact social services. The good news is is that you are probably young enough to take advantage of them.

    15 is quite young to be running away from home and live decently. The best thing to do is to contact as many services you can (psychiatrist, counselor, doctor, police department, etc.) and they can guide you on what to do next. The safest way is to get the authorities involved that way you are protected under the law. You aren't doing anything wrong by wanting to leave your alcoholic parents, you just want a better life for yourself.

    Good luck :)
  4. may71

    may71 Well-Known Member

    Hello Amber and welcome to SF!

    I'm sorry that you are having trouble at home.

    I'm not sure where you are from, but here is a resource for the US

    National Runaway Switchboard

    Social services might be able to give some financial support to a relative if they took you in?

    I hope that things get better soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.