What can they do?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Xenta, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenta

Xenta Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I have been sick for the last week or so and was thinking about going to the doctor. I was wondering what they could do if they saw the scares, I don't have any open cuts right now, and my newest scar is from about three weeks ago.

Xen

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

My understanding is they can place you on a psychiatric hold as technically you are at risk for harming yourself. I hardly see them doing that but it depends upon a lot of things. Harm usually pertains to harm as in suicide but know of two that got held. Here is the deal, if you are hurting yourself you need help-bottom line. So maybe that is where you need to be for a while.
    Sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for but wanted to convey what I know and as someone who is scared up I want to see that you are getting the help you need.
    Please share more about you so we can lend you support and friendship.
    Love ya B

3. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Self-harm is usually percerieved to be without suicidal intent. They can't really do much, since like you said you don't have any open cuts. If they did anything it would be short term, but I don't see a doctor doing that. Of all the doctors I've seen none have asked about my scars, so I doubt they will even notice(except when I'm in the Er for suicidal thoughts.

4. Xenta

Xenta Well-Known Member

Thank you for you replay. I went, got myself some antibiotics. They didn't see my scars, which I am happy for. Really the worst thing for me would be to go in somewhere right now. I would completely shutdown again.

Xen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.