What can you/will you do to make tomorrow a better day?

Legate Lanius

Depends on what you mean by "better". Less anxiety? I could meditate more or even take the twenty thousand steps to get to the gym to get less anxiety. Could also do my self-developed mood-hijacking where I force myself into states of mind to stop anxiety. To get more money? Can't really do anything about that right now, since I'm unemployed and there is a 0% chance of anyone hiring me and my blank resume in this economy. Get more muscles? I am already doing pushups on the daily, but I could either take the ten hour walk to the gym or combine more pushups with more protein-rich food. Could also do body-weight squats to at least touch the lower body some. Get a girlfriend? Impossible for me in this day and age, not sure if even desirable. Get better health? Again, gym for the cardio.

"Better" for me mostly means accepting the pain, anxiety, loneliness, thoughts, judgement, ugliness, depravity and general horror that comes from the human experience. Accepting it in the present moment, not running away or fighting it. Sending the mind to where the brain has focused the nervous system temporarily and simultaneously noting the objective experience in the mind. "Typing, typing, typing...", "reading, reading, reading", "lonely, lonely, lonely".

Gonz

β‚²β€Ήβ€ΊΕŠΚ‘
I've tried my hand at lots of creative pursuits in the past. Not for a long time though. Now I'm doing something with my writing again and really enjoying it, though it's taking time to get back into the swing of things. That should provide for a fair number of better tomorrows.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00