What causes people to sexually assault?.. WARNING:Contains posts that are triggering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING:Contains posts that are triggering!

I also was raised with a pedaphile whom sexually abused me and was conned into a relationship by a pedaphile when I was 18....he raped his step daughter, neice, and real dauhtyer.......beleive me.....don't push it, they don't even want to get better. they don't have of anything that happens oe the consiquences......they think that no rules or morals apply to them.

Re: What causes people to sexually assault?..

Actually most paedophiles don't do it on impulse, they spend a long time grooming the victim before they pounce. It's a cold calculated act with no consideration for what it will do to the child.

My grandfather, who sexually abused me from the age of 7, was so clever at it. I watched him manipulate my second cousin as he prepared her for his attack.
Spent the whole holiday trying to keep her safe from him, a bit much for an 8 year old.
Thats awful, and i do agree that it is calculated. And it's not just paedophiles who plan it out, people who hurt their friends or partners usually plan out every move theyr gonna make before every time they do it.

immure

Account Closed
Re: What causes people to sexually assault?..

a pedifile will only have sex with a child this is there only sourse of sexual desire that is why there is no cure malesters will with adults and children there is more hope here. teqnicallity of terms help understand i think.

Re: What causes people to sexually assault?.. WARNING:Contains posts that are trigger

non-existence basically took all the words out of my mouth here. :sweat:

However, I'll just add a few things. Another important reason that the death penalty is wrong (that's not even related to morality) is because you're essentially destroying the very information society needs to develop a better social system that prevents new rapists and molesters from surfacing in our society. Of course I'm talking about the minds of the criminals. Criminals must be contained separately and securely from society to provide protection, that's a given - but we also must allow psychologists and scientists to study them as much as possible.

If we simply shove criminals into prisons, allow no one to contact them, or kill them through the death penalty, we have failed as a society. That's like admitting we're too stupid to understand the human mind, to learn and grow and better understand why and how young minds develop into criminal minds. It's like sweeping the filth under the carpet, pretending we're not responsible for it, and simply ignoring it. The death penalty is a short-term solution to a long-term problem. Imprisoning and killing murderers and rapists does absolutely nothing to prevent new rapists and murderers from surfacing and hurting and killing others within our populace. Anyone who thinks the death penalty instills 'fear' into the minds of rapists and murderers to prevent them from acting out obviously doesn't understand how the criminal mind works.

Criminals act because they don't have the sense of morality, fear, or consciousness that others do. They don't act like humans, because from a psychological perspective, they are no longer human in many ways. The solution? All criminals must be contained and studied, funding should be spent on psychology, education, sociology, criminology, etc. The educational systems of society must be reformed and funded federally to introduce new programs with the goals of raising our children in physically and mentally healthy environments. ALL children born into our society deserve loving families and good education, professionals should be available for free to care for children who are neglected and need help. The government should step in, because it is not simply the responsibility of the mother and father, these children are in our society - so they are our children too, they are society's children.

Professional child care should always be available for free. Instead what do we have? Parents who are busy working double jobs just to pay the bills have no time for their kids, so they hire babysitters or place them in a child care center. Honestly, would any of us here be willing to call babysitters or child care center workers professionals? I can even tell a personal story from when I was in a daycare center with my sister - we were ages 4 and 5. At the age of 4, I said a swear word to our substitute babysitter at the daycare center. At that age, it's meaningless and I probably didn't even know what it meant. She picked me up by the collar of my shirt, carried me to the bathroom, and proceeded to shove me against the wall and scrub my mouth with a bar of soap. Yes, she actually shoved a bar of soap in my mouth, and yelled at me. I was 4 years old. I told my parents, they asked her about it, and she denied doing it. She continued working there, though my parents moved my sister and I to another daycare. I hear stories all the time of children who are beat and raped by babysitters or childcare workers. If I ever have children, there's no way in hell I would leave one of them in the hands of a babysitter or some daycare - I would only allow a trained psychologist or a very close friend or relative to care for my kids. Psychologists should be available to all parents in need, free of charge, period.

Last edited:
Re: What causes people to sexually assault?.. WARNING:Contains posts that are trigger

kcinva, feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss what happened and talk about the guilt if it will make you feel better. I won't judge you or give you a hard time about anything, you're only human just like anyone else. When you say you can't get a job, are you speaking of a criminal record? See, that's what I find unfortunate about this system.. I understand why it happens, but there are just so many fundamentally flawed parts of the way our society acts, and our expectations.

I'm not saying criminals shouldn't have a record of it, I just think the consequences are too severe, and it does no good in many examples. For instance, let's suppose someone is locked up for 10 years for manufacture and distribution of illicit substances, because they were living in a culture where they adopted this behavior from others at a young age.

Now, by the time they get released, they're going to be screwed in many ways. First of all, they're going to notice that others their age are in successful careers and making good money by now, and they're going to want to catch up to their peers. However, with their criminal record, almost no employers are going to accept them, and the only places that do will probably not pay enough to cover the costs of rent and other bills. Many of their friends or family may be gone, or others may have separated from them because of their connection to their crimes and surveillance by police. They have no one, they're basically fucked. So their options are to either:

a) Try to attend school, hoping better education can get them a job (wait, they have no money, scratch that idea)

b) Spend long hours working low-paying jobs just to survive in poor conditions, because good employers won't accept them due to their criminal records. Health coverage and other benefits may or may not be provided, or affordable at all.

c) Turn to illegal activites again, because it is probably all they learned how to do in life, and they want money fast to make up for all the time they lost in prison.

Is it any wonder that many prisoners who are released after long or even moderate sentences turn to crime again? Exactly how is morally reforming a prisoner going to help them when their society isn't going to cut them any slack? I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that if we're going to refuse workers with criminal records who are trying to make new starts, we might as well be sentencing them to life because it's basically the same thing. I don't know exactly how this can be remedied yet because it's a complicated issue, but I will say one thing on a slightly related though different topic.

Prisoners and those with mental problems DO have a purpose in life, contrary to the belief that they're worthless and should be killed. Their purpose is to be studied, so that the research can later be used in developing new educational systems to prevent our future generations from developing these mental problems and becoming criminals. There's always more to be learned, anyone who thinks he "knows it all" is very ignorant, because the more we know, the more we discover we know almost nothing at all in regards to the big picture. So yes, criminals are absolutely vital to the process of social progression. To everyone who ever cries "why?" or "how can this happen?" It happens because our society ignores Psychology, ignores our family environments and allows children to be neglected and abused. Each child that is abused is prone to becoming a criminal themself and continuing the cycle. It's the cycle itself the "social disease" that must be attacked, not the humans infected by the social disease.

Finally, there's absolutely no point in degrading and humiliating anyone for their mistakes and weaknesses, no matter how small or how great the problems. The best thing a person can do is to show others respect even if those others have disrespected us, or hurt others and/ or themselves. I suppose it is true that absolute good is to share goodwill with others even in the face of evil and corruption. Revenge is, after all, a minor form of evil. To react with hatred is to allow their sickness to influence you, but to react with love is to attack the hatred that has infected them, and prove that you are strong and resilient to the social disease.

xan

Chat Buddy

Havn't read all these posts, but i don't like the idea of giving equal help to the attacker as the victim. Sometimes it can be mental issues that cause people to sexually assault others but sometimes it is just because they are evil and psychopathic. My dad used to treat the people like that and got seriously annoied at how many people the law sent to him for help when they really needed just to be locked up because true psychopathic behaviour is not possible to really cure, just to subdue. Personally I think it would be a good idea to make an example of them with a real punishment.

Sometimes it can be mental issues that cause people to sexually assault others but sometimes it is just because they are evil and psychopathic.
I don't follow. Are you saying that some people are born evil, and those with mental issues develop that way from being abused by evil people?

Anyway, regarding the process of recovery - Personally, I don't believe the main purpose of scientific study on criminals should even be about "curing" the individual criminals themselves. It's a nice thought, but it is not our responsibility as a society to reform criminals. It is our responsibility to improve the conditions of our current society by providing care for children, better education, and teaching adults to be better parents.

That's why studying criminals is important. Criminals are human, after all - unless you believe they're possessed by demons.. but I'll assume there are no religious nuts on this board, so everyone here can probably agree that psychology is the solution. If we fully understand why and how rapists and serial killers developed their thinking, we'll be better able to make the necessary changes in our social environments to substantially lower the amount of criminals bred from each new generation of children. The same people who demand "justice" by sentencing criminals to death, are in fact practicing injustice on the long-term.

For every mentally sick person we kill, we're also killing all potential information that could've been gathered from any scientists studying the person. The less information we gather, the longer it will take for scientists to form theories, test them through research, and develop new social ideas and programs (that must be accepted by politicians and majority of our population) that will begin to effectively destroy the social sicknesses at their sources. This is assuming that the mentally ill become that way due largely to their childhood & adolescent environments (obviously, this is what I believe) and that better parenting and education will therefore be saving many thousands and millions of lives.

Again, punishment is traditionally used in behavioral conditioning, but how is a life sentence or a death sentence 'teaching' the criminal? The crime has already been commited at that point, the victims are dead in the ground... and destroying more lives not only does nothing to bring back the lives of the innocent, it does nothing to prevent new criminals from surfacing and killing more innocents. When someone 'snaps' mentally and turns to a life of crime, they're not thinking rationally at that point - consequences are meaningless at that point, they're sick in the head.. meaning, they're not scared to commit brutal acts of violence.

Rational people are scared to commit crimes because of punishment though: Children may learn to stop stealing cds from the music store after being placed in juvenile detention centers over night, but publicizing the death of serial killers by the electric chair does nothing to 'scare' children into becoming non-aggressive, moral beings if their environments are destructive. For one thing, society doesn't really need to drill that message into our heads in the first place - healthy humans are not going to mindlessly kill eachother in the way that we may occasionally be tempted to steal money or drive while intoxicated, for example. Notice I say "healthy" humans though - that's the point, our society needs to improve the mental health of our population rather than simply pick out the mentally unhealthy and make examples of them. We already tried that back in the middle ages with guillotines, hangings, and burnings, and those didn't work out so well.

Last edited:
Man, we'll now I know to stay out of this thread, this is triggering beyond what I thought but wasn't as much until a few post back... :ohmy: :unsure:

i think kcinva is right... it's a bit wrong to generalize everyone... everyone deserves to pay a hefty price for committing a mistake but it's too much to say that everyone who commits the mistake should suffer more than they have to...

i dunno, i can just relate to his post in some way... i too have touched something i wasn't supposed to and i haven't forgiven myself ever since...

first of all... it is not like a sex offender "touched something" and now no one will forgive the offender...

a person is not something..... you know if someone chops off my leg i may forgive them but for the rest of my life i have to alter my life due to the fact that i have only one leg....

my life is changed and made difficuly and i suffer daily because my leg was chopped off...

as for the sad life of an ex convict the choice was made to commit a crime..and part of the repayment is that you have to tell ppl what u have done when trying to get a job...appartment.. etc... that is the price of breaking the law..

you know if you want to hier a cashier... you have the right to know if the person you want to hire has been arrested for theift....

some ppl will give ppl a second chance.. others wont.. it is the employers right to hire the person or his/ her choice...

as for being underprivileged .... ppl in prisons have access to GED ...college.. and grad school .. free... so if they wabt to change their life they have the oppertunity to do so....

will getting a job be harder ... yes... but no one made them commit a crime...

as for lumping ppl together... i believe most pple here said .. studies show ...most sexual offenders will re offend... "most"

this life is full of choices... someone says.. i did not want to tell a pdoc my thoughts because they were so sick i did not want them to think bad of me... but the other choice was to act on the "thing they themselves thought too sick to talk about"

lets see... talk about a sick act
commit a sick act.....
choice ... and you made it..

so forgiveness.. ok... you both now live with the consequnces of your actions ....

forgiveness or not ... my leg is still chopped off.....

Last edited by a moderator:

the other guy

ok this whole thread put me in the dumps, i am not going to read it again, i just cant.

:surrender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00