What causes your depression?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Syd, Jun 11, 2007.

?

Which contributes to your depression the most?

1. health problems

3 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. unemployment

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. family conflict

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. I don't know

15 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. relationships

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. work stress

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. failed goals

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  8. loneliness

20 vote(s)
    26.7%
  9. abuse

7 vote(s)
    9.3%
  10. other

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syd

Syd Guest

Select the option which best describes the source of your depression. When selecting "other" you may choose to specify in a reply to this thread. If there is another option that belongs in the poll that wouldn't fit in the included categories, mention it and maybe it can be added.

Also, feel free to explain why you chose your poll answer in further detail, or discuss topics related to depression.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  2. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

Bullying, per chance?

3. Syd

Syd Guest

Bullying could fit in with abuse, I think.

I forgot to include substance addictions though.

There are only 10 options allowed though, so it might just have to remain in the 'other' option.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I put "other", my circumstances, being inferior to everyone, being a loser, being bad at everything, having accomplished nothing in my life, of course nobody is going to beleive me and nobody listens to me and fuck, I wish I could get more depressed so I can just kill myself.

5. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I guess loneliness. My bf broke up with me I still get sad over that. Then my friends never want to hang out with me. It use to be failed goals not getting all A's in school but now that schools out I don't really have to worry about that.

6. danni

danni Chat Buddy

I pick abuse cause that what alot people do to me... But i wish we can pick more than just one

7. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I don't know. I suddenly became depressed a few years back now. It was drastic as i'd been a really happy person who looked forward to the future.

8. Mew

Mew Active Member

I picked other. If I had to pick a cause, I'd say the cause is Me. I'm the constant that ties all the shit in my life together.

9. //x/forgottonemo/x//

//x/forgottonemo/x// Well-Known Member

i chose other. most of the time i make myself depressed...when i cut i get depressed, school depresses me with grades & friends etc & sometimes i get depressed cause of really dumb things like when ive had a really happy fun time i get proper upset its over after or i miss people i havent seen in ages, like family

10. givenuponlife

givenuponlife Well-Known Member

i picked other only becasue you cant pick more then one i have a few in that list i could pick

11. Syd

Syd Guest

I understand there are multiple causes for depression in most cases. The purpose here is to decide which problem contributes the most to your depression. The 4th option is available for those who don't know which problem is the greatest. The 'other' option should be selected only if the greatest source of your depression was not listed. Thank you for your participation.

12. Crom Cruach

Crom Cruach Active Member

Loneliness. Which is strange because I'm not alone. I have great friends, great family, it just feels like I'm all alone on my own little planet even when I'm having a conversation with someone two foot infront of me. I just feel that everything and everyone that is good is so far away.

13. amy-lou

amy-lou Member

so many different things... a combination of many, many issues and people which I just cannot deal with anymore.... It all builds up so much that you neither know what's causing it, why you feel the way you do, and how to get out if it....

the only possible solution you can think of is suicide. It repeats itself in you head over and over and over and over and over again... always there...

14. AJ23

AJ23 Member

health problems
    unemployment
    family conflict
    relationships
    work stress
    failed goals
    loneliness
    abuse

15. ih8u

ih8u Active Member

my life would be great were it not for my health problems. lots of pain and discomfort. had just about everything else going.

16. iracund

iracund Antiquities Friend

i'm really not sure. i've always been this way. i have an inkling that nother state of mind exists besides this and hypomanic or off the wall manic, i've just never experienced it. it would be interesting to have a taste of balance for once.

17. i picked other, mostly because grr... i don't know how to describe it now, umm.... i have a fear of people lying to me and leaving me (even though i know they won't) and i didn't want to put it under lonliness because i'm not depressed because i'm lonely.

18. Blackness

Blackness Guest

why does there always have to be *A REASON*?!?!
    This is what annoys me the most.
    You tell someone and they ask "oh what happened" or "whats caused this?" and im bloody sick of it. Sometimes I wish i was abused just so I had a definite reason, then maybe i could get the help I need :(
    its many things...

19. AJ23

AJ23 Member

i understand how you feel, not saying that i wasn't abused, but some people don't belive i have good enough reasons, and i sometimes wish something even more terrible, or well something more globally accepted as terrible would happen to me so i'd get a break, and be allowed to be how i am

20. AJ23

AJ23 Member

if you don't mind me asking, what's ur health problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.