What color is your car? any particular reason? and color of your future car?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by coffee, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffee

coffee Well-Known Member

mine is white but I love black cars.
    I bought white for safety reasons.

I want everything black for the future car.
  2. neohume

neohume Well-Known Member

my car is grey/silver, because its the coolest colour for cars.

if i ever got my dream car (ferarri 599) it would be as black as my soul.
  3. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Mine is Lucerne Silver, and its a modern classic car. Of course, i've got to wait to see if i can keep my car, as its a 'tool of my trade'.

Its number 26, of only 250 models made, and has its number badge all over the car, silver kick plates, momo steering wheel, etc.

I intend to keep the car for a long time, if allowed to, as it will be a classic car.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
  4. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

06 Subaru WRX in Crystal Gray (silver), I hate silver cars, I don't want to look like everyone else. Due to some money coming in, it may soon be painted a blue that changes to orange in depending on lights or a dark purple that does much the same thing. If that can not be done it will be painted World Rally Blue.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

My cat is black and white. I don't really care about that. When this one dies I'll just get whichever one I jive with. (I realize that wasn't the question, but I misread it and decided to go with it.)

By the way, coffee, white isn't the safest car - something in the yellow-green range is the easiest to see. Dark red or dark blue are the worst, even moreso than black.
  6. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Maybe I should spraypaint my car yellow. Sunshine yellow.... yeah!

People would have a hell of a time stealing it then.

Meaanwhile, I have to deal with the really light colored blue that is my car.
  7. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

My Honda Accord's white, 'cause everyone else is doing it... which is what my dad wanted. I'd like my future car to be navy or midnight blue.
  8. coffee

coffee Well-Known Member

I hate yellow or green nor red or blue for the car.

so, between white or black. I had to chosse white for the safety reason.

I do agree that Yellow cars are very easy to see.

Does anyone drive Yellow Cab or school bus :weee:???
  9. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I've only had three cars in my life.

My first was a Hyundai Accent. It was purple because it made the insurance rates lower, purportedly. I didn't have a choice in the matter, it was a gift!

The second was a Hyundai Elantra, which I traded in my Accent towards. It is silver because it is a cool color. It's paid off and I'm selling it soon.

My third is a Hyundai truck that's black. I bought it mostly to haul things and I'll be selling it soon, as well.

I'll be buying a used truck soon because I need to move things. I'll be going for either white or black, because I tend to dislike other colors.

You will never see me buy ANYTHING in a pastel color.
  10. yorkie bar

Actually, my car is brown at the moment, since i have'nt washed it for nearly a year, so that it does'nt look too shiny, and that its worth any money, so the official receiver, won't take it off me. lol
  11. alison

alison Well-Known Member

mine is green, because I am a broke graduate student, lol. My grandmother stopped driving, so she gifted it to me, and I am in no financial position to reject a free car - no matter how old, what color, or how likely to fall apart it is :wink:

I think I would like a blue, silver, or tan car in the future. I like small cars - a honda fit, a scion, perhaps a nissan versa. Of course, this all depends on if I get a job
  12. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Black- fits my mood 99% of the time.
  13. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

At this point, I would just be happy with anything without rust or dents.
  14. neohume

neohume Well-Known Member

i remember doing an experiment at school, to determine the safest car colour(most visable in widest range of light conditions). it was pink. :sad:
  15. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

That's because Barbie never gets into accidents, she's made of plastic.
  16. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I'm confused... what's an 'official receiver'?
  17. yorkie bar

The 'official reciever' is the person who deals with your affairs, once you've gone bankrupt. They decide what 'assets' you have.

I've just got home to a letter from him, saying i'm allowed to keep my car - its now the only thing i now own, since without it, i'll lose my job. However, this is no ordinary car. I suppose i should feel pleased, but i don't feel anything. Just going through life feeling nothing, or freaking out, at the moment.

Still, like my daughter says, i can wash it now and start looking after it again, give it the care it deserves, since its already a modern classic car, and will be a classic car, in years to come.
  18. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

So keep me from guessing, what kind of car is it? Just curiosity of a car nut.
  19. yorkie bar

Well people who own these cars,are nuts about them lol
    There are several owners clubs, and an international owners club. Some 'nuts' spend all their spare time modifying and polishing their car, but i prefer to drive mine.

I can email a photo if you like, when it was looking a bit more pristine. I never have been one for polishing my car every day, though. I prefer the driving experience lol
  20. yorkie bar

Right, i've been to the docs, and all this talk of cars has prompted me to take my car to the carwash, and give it a treat. It now looks like a brand new car, all shiny and sleek. Shame, its now highlighted the fact its burning oil, as i've got a burn stain on the bumper. Oh dear, money needs spending, along with the fact my roof seals need replacing, as i get piss soaking wet, when it rains, lol

And this is my future car too, so long as i can afford to keep this car on the road.

So let me know if you want any more clues. I like this game, its taking my mind off other things lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.