What colour are you?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Cicada 3301, Jul 4, 2015.

What is your favourite colour?

1. Blue

2. Green

3. Red

4. Yellow

0 vote(s)
  5. Orange

6. Pink

7. Purple

8. Black

9. Gold

0 vote(s)
  10. Other: Please Specify

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

This is not much of a serious thread :rolleyes: In fact, it is probably the most pointless post on the whole forum :biggrin1:

It’s just something I was thinking about after somebody said “Why is the sky blue?” It was a rhetorical question meant in a sarcastic manner, but I wanted to find out so I did a quick search and sure enough google found me an explanation. Apparently it is because tiny molecules of air in the atmosphere scatter more blue light from the sun rather than red (or any other colour).

From there I wondered what it would feel like to have a red sky. It seems horrible to me because I associate red with danger. Stop signals on traffic lights, blood, anger, pain, etc. It’s also too bright/sharp of a colour for me to use for anything. I wouldn’t exactly go and pain my bedroom red or have a red car (unless it was a Ferrari). I suppose red is also associated with the heart and love. I don’t dislike the colour, it plays its part I guess lol, but I don’t particularly like it either. My favourite colour happens to be purple. Followed by orange and blue.

Strange post I know. You may read/ignore at your leisure. Just wanted to know if anyone here has certain associations with colours? Are the associations good or bad? What does the colour red mean to you? Also, if you wish to answer the question on the title of this thread, you are welcome to. Plus, if you have any interesting facts about colours, I suppose you could post them here.

I thought I would include a relevant song to this post :rainbow: If nothing more, you get to hear a wonderful song :eagerness:

Edit: I included a poll because I was bored. Have at it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
  2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Red, followed by purple.
  3. Deleted SKU

Deleted SKU Well-Known Member

Silver... when dull it fades in to the background so much that you don't notice that you don't notice it, when in its full luster it's valuable and precious, without usually being ostentatious.

As for what they mean, red I always see as passion, whether the productive passion of love and romance, or the destructive anger and pain. It is human life, and for most of my life was my favourite colour... I just guess the more I felt I had life taken away from me, the less red meant to me. Blue is calm, Green is natural, Black is safety, White is fear... I know most people think the last to are the other way round, but it's far easier to hide in the shadows than the light.
  4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I just love blue. Always have, always will.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Pink because I can't imagine myself as anything else :p Someone used to call me Pinky...who was it? Oh well, don't remember now lol.
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Black, but gravitate towards silver, pink, blue, purple, green equally when black isn't an option
  7. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

Damn poll is rigged. Where's brown? I saw a brown truck. I got a brown shirt. It's a new love affair.

I've read females see millions more colors than males more often.

They're happy colors. Not sad ones. Of course. Right?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
  8. bonnevie

bonnevie Member

I really know what you mean about the harshness of the colour red, that's how I look at it too. But my favourite colour is the beautiful orange glow you get in the sky when the sun is setting. So orange is what I voted for, even though it could also be seen as harsh as red, haha!

Jen :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.