What did I do wrong?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by black_angel, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_angel

black_angel Active Member

I haven't been hurting myself for some time now but today everything went black and I cut myself, deep...Now I just want to disappear...Why can't everything be good? Why can't i stop hurting myself?! I don't want this anymore, I want to live a normal life and do like normal things whatever normal is..I have been seeing a therapist and a doctor and other people but it doesn't work they can't help me anymore.. Im falling apart and I can't do anything..

2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Maybe try and think about what you were feeling just before you cut yourself. Something might have triggered you off? And perhaps working with the feelings just before you cut with your therapist might be helpful. Therapists/counselling do take a long time (if you're in a good working relationship with them) to help you.

I do hear your frustration about wanting to live a life without hurting yourself.

:hug:

3. black_angel

i have been seeing my therapist for like 2 years now and im trying to work with her but it's just like somedays she just want me to go because she has other things to do. I have tried to change therapist but that doesn't work eather..Right now I just want to cut and cut and never stop but on the same time i don't want to because I don't want my mother to find out, she has been so happy that I haven't hurt myself for some time..

4. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

:hug: She doesn't sound like a very caring therapist does she? I'd feel very rejected and hurt if a therapist did that or made me feel that she didn't want to work with me.

What hasn't worked about the change of therapist? Would your mother help you find another therapist, seeing as she's been very encouraging about you stopping cutting? Would you feel comfortable talking to your mother about how you're struggling? Perhaps she would offer some emotional support..

5. black_angel

I can't talkt to my mother about my problems because she is like a "Privat therapis" as I calls her..She thinks she knows so much because she have been reading books about borderline and stuff but she doesn't really understands it. Im going to try for an other therapist next week I think..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.