• Both the iOS/ Apple iPhone/ iPad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recieve a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

What did you eat today?

Bloop

Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I think it can be difficult to motivate yourself to make food when feeling down. You don't eat properly for a few days and soon enough your body gets used to it and your appetite starts to fade. This happened to me on and off for a few years whilst studying. I have also experienced the other side. For many years I was overeating and trying to fit as much food into a day as possible without feeling sick. I would have a huge breakfast, food at break, food at lunch, food after school, then a really big dinner and finally a few snacks before bed.

I think it can be really hard to manage and maintain a healthy food intake on a regular basis. I do not think I have had it that bad but over last few years I am starting to manage food a lot better. What helped me is to record what I am eating each day as then I know very clearly when I'm eating too much or too little. I thought we could try to help each other out.

What did you eat today? Or if you're organised, what do you plan to eat today?

If you want, share your targets/goals so people can offer support. I am trying to eat 1500-1750 calories a day as I have been eating less than 1000 recently, which is too little for me.

Today I had a handful of peanuts and that's it so far. I woke up 3 hours ago so just having a handful of peanuts is definitely a sign of me losing my appetite again. The only reason I did have that was because the container that held the peanuts was about to be empty and if it didn't get completely empty almost instantly after I made eye contact with it then I'd have some weird feeling of anxiety all day until it got done. I really don't know why my body feels that way after I see something that shouldn't bother anyone else or myself included but it just does. Anyways, yeah. Probably should go eat something else but I just can't decide what, let alone if I want to eat anymore.

Lane

SF Supporter
I
Today I had a handful of peanuts and that's it so far. I woke up 3 hours ago so just having a handful of peanuts is definitely a sign of me losing my appetite again. The only reason I did have that was because the container that held the peanuts was about to be empty and if it didn't get completely empty almost instantly after I made eye contact with it then I'd have some weird feeling of anxiety all day until it got done. I really don't know why my body feels that way after I see something that shouldn't bother anyone else or myself included but it just does. Anyways, yeah. Probably should go eat something else but I just can't decide what, let alone if I want to eat anymore.
Peanuts are at least healthy and provide protein @CamCar2000. Maybe another bite of something later.

Lane

SF Supporter
Thank you so much for starting this thread @Cicada 3301. I have needed to gain weight. I think I've gained a few lbs in the last month although I don't like to eat a lot of carbs, but its easiest when one is depressed.

Today I ate a half a bagel and cuo of coffee.

Bowl if soup with cabbage and fakin bacon.

neko-chan

i ate tons of chocolates today.. which isn't good.. especially if i don't move much.. literally just spending days on my bed especially since i currently don't go to university..

oh well.. i can't resist those yummy chocolate.. best comfort food ever..

bobbob

SF Supporter
I think it can be difficult to motivate yourself to make food when feeling down. You don't eat properly for a few days and soon enough your body gets used to it and your appetite starts to fade. This happened to me on and off for a few years whilst studying. I have also experienced the other side. For many years I was overeating and trying to fit as much food into a day as possible without feeling sick. I would have a huge breakfast, food at break, food at lunch, food after school, then a really big dinner and finally a few snacks before bed.

I think it can be really hard to manage and maintain a healthy food intake on a regular basis. I do not think I have had it that bad but over last few years I am starting to manage food a lot better. What helped me is to record what I am eating each day as then I know very clearly when I'm eating too much or too little. I thought we could try to help each other out.

What did you eat today? Or if you're organised, what do you plan to eat today?

If you want, share your targets/goals so people can offer support. I am trying to eat 1500-1750 calories a day as I have been eating less than 1000 recently, which is too little for me.
Nice thread.
Im trying to cut down sugar as it seems to feed autoimmune symptoms. So far today Ive had porridge with ground flax seed, mulberries and cocoa and a banana. Thats a good start I think. Im OK at eating good stuff, but rubbish at not eating bad stuff. So Im hoping to get through day without going out and buying and then quickly eating a bag of Cadburry's chocolate buttons. Thiough I can see them hopping about in my mind's eye as I write this!

Lane

SF Supporter
Nice thread.
Im trying to cut down sugar as it seems to feed autoimmune symptoms. So far today Ive had porridge with ground flax seed, mulberries and cocoa and a banana. Thats a good start I think. Im OK at eating good stuff, but rubbish at not eating bad stuff. So Im hoping to get through day without going out and buying and then quickly eating a bag of Cadburry's chocolate buttons. Thiough I can see them hopping about in my mind's eye as I write this!
I've heard flax seed is good for you, I bought a bag once but I didn't like the way they looked, ha. I used to really enjoy the Cadbury fruit and nut bar, have to see if they still make them. I'm inspired by your healthy eating, but chocolate once in awhile
.....*dance2

Lane

SF Supporter
i ate tons of chocolates today.. which isn't good.. especially if i don't move much.. literally just spending days on my bed especially since i currently don't go to university..

oh well.. i can't resist those yummy chocolate.. best comfort food ever..
I totally understand @neko-chan. I already ate the Christmas chocolates I was supposed to give to my sons, while in bed on this forum, rrrrrr. Let's forgive each other *hugtackles

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$345.00
Goal
$255.00