What did you realise afterwards?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Failure, May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Failure

Failure Well-Known Member

If you have lived through a suicide attempt, what have you now realised? Do you now believe that it was the wrong thing to do, do you now believe you have a place in this world? Do you now see that people love you, do you now see how it would have affected them if you were successful?

2. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've never attempted but I know what it would do to family and I know I am loved but it doesn't make life anymore bearable,I still don't consider myself to be worthy of living I doubt I could attempt but I do pray for a premature end to this suffering

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have realised I made a horrible mistake in the spur of a moment, I've realised that I am loved and wanted and am a good sister,daughter,aunt,friend, I regret what I did terribly, worst mistake of my life. Putting my family through that was just so wrong but at least I am here to tell the tale, i was lucky, it could have been much worse, brain damage or death.

I see all those things,I would have missed out on so much, my family would have been destroyed. Yes, I do believe I have a place in this world, my place is here helping people make the right choices and decisions, I want to be a paramedic or something similar, I want to help people make the right decisions and see the light at the end of the tunnel because it IS there.

2 people like this.
  4. 880088

880088 Member

This is a semi-serious reply. The next morning after my attempt I realized that I had unintentionally attempted suicide on my ex's birthday. I had completely forgotten about it. I only picked that day was because I was scheduled to work the next evening and the thought of going through another day in the service industry (I was a bartender at a shady place) was enough to push me to make my attempt. Says a lot about me that I was mostly relieved I avoided the embarrassment of succeeding and people thinking I did it over him. Ha.

5. I like the bit of levity in your reply, 880088. :p

It's weird because you can't even imagine who it might affect. I think about people I didn't even know who killed themselves.

6. Insomniac2012

Insomniac2012 Member

How much I want to. I keep thinking if only if only i wish.

It seems many people see life better after a close call but I have not had any decrease in desire for death after any of my attempts.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

The quote I saw the other day pretty much summed it up for me...

Suicide is taking away your pain and giving it to someone else

8. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

My only regret is that it wasn't successful. I don't have the guts to do anything too drastic, though I really want to die.

9. ThinBlueFlame

ThinBlueFlame Member

That makes sense and I've seen it worded different ways but for some reason that particular quote was like a punch in the gut (in a good way). I'll have to remember this one. Thanks for posting it.

10. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

It was the worst decision I've ever taken. People do love me, a lot and I stay away from those that hurt me. My children and family would have been devastated, my children would have ended killing themselves out of despair. I see life like a third chance (I was an abortion attempt before), I appreciate everything more, I live to the fullest, I am full of universal love towards others and feel like living in heaven while on earth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.