What did you study in college/university?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by caspar, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

Or what do you hope to study in the future?

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

If I decided to go one day, I would study psychology and something to do with writing. Maybe art or photography, too. Probably some kind of science, but definitely no math :lol: It's a lot to think about.

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Eh. I studied "nicotine, valium, vicadit, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohooooool. Co-co-co-co-co-cocaaaaaine!"

Drugs, sex and rock and roll, but not always in that order.

Sometimes I studied heartbreak, and homicides. Mass ones. Lots of debates and social experiments of my own.

Yeah. I was a Criminal Justice major. My minor was Sociology. Class of Recession... errr, 2008.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I did my BSC in computer science.

5. I am curious about the human mind especially my own mind. I am still halfway through my psychology course. The human mind and behaviour is very complex and very interesting.

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I did my BSc in Adult Nursing. I have also done an additional student nurse mentoring degree module and I have also done another degree module in dementia. I would really like to do my masters degree one day, but probably not for a few years yet.

7. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I got my BA in psychology. I graduated in the "class of Hal"; that is 2001. Hal was the whacked out computer in the movie "2001". For all those considering studying psych, please be aware that the first for years are very basic. You won't get into the really useful stuff unless you go for a Master's degree. And a masters is also needed to get a decent job in the field.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am going to college in september to do an access course for fire and ambulance, which I hope will get me into uni :)

9. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

I am a current college student getting my Masters in Addiction Therapy.

10. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

I was interested in Psychology too, but decided not to do it because it's so tough employment wise. I am fascinated with people and the human mind too though.

11. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

Very interested in Anthropology. My sister introduced me to the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel, Clan of the Cave Bear and all that, and I became hooked. From there I took all of the Anthropology classes except linguistics, the first basic Psychology course and then switched my major to Sociology. As of this year, I am now studying Parks and Recreation. The reason for taking those majors is that I am disabled, and I feel than I can use my disability as a strength instead of a weakness and help others.

12. suicidalfish

suicidalfish Active Member

Recording arts.. woo… go me

13. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

B.A., English Literature and B.Ed.

14. Mab

Mab New Member

Currently studying medicine.

15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Doctor, pharmacy or what field?

16. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Chemical-biological engineering . But I left engineering :p now im getting my phd in molecular biology

17. Thunderbird

Thunderbird Member

I'm starting college this year and the program I'm going into right now is very general, but I would like to go into something to do with Physics. Although I would have liked to go into something to do with playing music, if any colleges near where I lived had any programs like that, and I if I was sure that I would be good at it.

18. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Literally have a BS degree..... hehee. In what is to remain nameless.

19. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

BS in Engineering; MBA also. But if I were to go back to school it would be for massage therapy.

20. PoshInsomniac

PoshInsomniac Well-Known Member

Currently I'm an Electrical Engineering student.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.