What did your doctor say/do?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Decode, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure i have put myself in a postion were my doctor knows i s.h and i have an appointment soon. I'm not looking forword to it.
    Have you told your doctor or did they find out, what did they say/do? Thanks
  2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I told my doc, they made an appointment with a psych and made me go and speak to a CPN straight away
  3. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Chuck, i was waiting so i could thank everyone together but no one else replied. Cheers.
  4. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Hey sorry only just seen your post :sad: sorry x My teacher found out and told my mum who made me see the dr, my dr then put me on anti-depressants, I was never asked or made to see anyone to talk about why I was doing it. The only people I saw was the connexions lady at school because my head of year asked me to see her. But I reckon if your dr can refer you for more support it may be really helpful :hugtackles: xx
  5. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Thanks Pebble.
  6. Patch_x

Patch_x New Member

My doc asked me why I do it, when, where, how often, what causes it and if she could see. You don't HAVE to show your doc but it's helpful if you do. She then asked me if I wanted a referral to the psychiatric services (I said yes) and she just put the referral in for me.

Hope you're okay, Decode x
  7. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I managed to keep it a secret until I stopped and I told my doctor retrospectively. She didn't really do much as it was over already. I openly stated I'd do it again if I got to the point where I felt I needed it not to attempt again, and there wasn't any threats of putting me back in the hospital or whatnot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.