What disorder(s) is this?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ilikegrapesoda72, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was wondering what I should really name my "disorder" or if it even is one. I was hoping someone here may be able to help me identify it.

I find it very hard to go through conversations with people without being extremely awkward (sometimes even with close friends) and in groups of 2+ or so of people I don't know, I get really dizzy and unfocused and sometimes get made fun of for being "dumb".

I can write down words very clearly and peacefully (such as over Email/IM/Forums), I think this is due to the fact that I used to con people out of money over the internet and I lost complete concern for other people on the interweb/amoral. However my social skills in real life are terrible...

I find average conversations stressful and cannot think peacefully whenever I am around someone new, or even sometimes people I have known for years.

Some things that might have caused this:
    Homeschooled
    Gynecomastia
    Endocryn imbalance
    Extremly shaky flamily

Wasn't sure where to turn, but I am tired of being so rejected because I have no sort of social mind.

Hope someone can help,
    Patch

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2008
  2. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

See a doctor for a diagnosis. Of course one doctor might diagnose one thing while another will diagnose something else but if you find a good doctor you'd probably get better answers to your question.

3. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like social anxiety disorder?

4. sami

sami Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have to agree. You should speak to your doctor about it. You're definately not alone in feeling this way x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.