What Do Girls Look For In A Guy?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by HelgasAngel, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelgasAngel

HelgasAngel Well-Known Member

Just curious. Girls and women. What do you look for in a potential boyfriend? Does he have to be muscular? Does it even matter? Do you like the bad boys? Or the nice guys? etc.:)

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I like nice guys, though even some of the ones who claim to be nice have done some shitty things to me. I don't care if a guy is muscular, in fact I don't care too much about looks. I just want a guy who will accept me for who I am, which hasn't really happened yet. They seem to want to change me, or aspects of my personality, such as being too sensitive, but that's not always a bad thing. I want a guy who is creative, funny, easy to talk to, fun, and is caring and understanding.

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Not that hard to figure out. Someone who genuinely cares about me and shows concern, treats people with respect and compassion, someone who plans for the future, and I particularly am attracted to the adventurous, clingy type. Crazy concept these days it seems.

Not attracted to anyone who needs to say he's a "nice guy," when he should be showing me why I should be interested in making him someone special in my life. Lots of nice guys can still be players and users who, just like bad guys except with a smile, will hurt you and leave you rather unceremoniously all the same.

4. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

nice, good conversationalist, (1 of my pet hates is people that anser every question with yeah, okay, what ever... that kind of thing) and people that can only talk about 1 thing. someone that understands me and won't judge.

5. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

My answer is very different today than it would have been when I was younger. The most important thing to me now is that I have someone who is honest, whom I can trust. Someone who can give of themselves, and not just make sure their own needs are met. The type of person anyone would consider lucky to have as a friend.

6. HelgasAngel

your answer was cute:) thank you.

7. HelgasAngel

yeah a lot of players start out as nice guys and end up as jerks.

8. HelgasAngel

:) yeah sense of humor seems to be a big one.

9. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Interesting thread, and I have an additional question:

"nice guys...I don't care too much about looks... I want a guy who is creative, funny, easy to talk to, fun, and is caring and understanding... Someone who genuinely cares about me and shows concern, treats people with respect and compassion...nice, good conversationalist...someone who is honest, whom I can trust. Someone who can give of themselves, and not just make sure their own needs are met. The type of person anyone would consider lucky to have as a friend..."

How come women looking for these qualities only seem to exist in movies and online? Where are you all in the real world?! If so many women are looking for guys like this, how come guys like us who have all these characteristics are always alone? (Yet the jerks always magnetically attract crowds of female groupies.)

Just wondering.....

10. HelgasAngel

maybe its because those guys also lack the confidence needed to approach women like that. So they are always alone. You could have a sense of humor, be creative, be easy to talk to, be caring and understanding, but if you aren't confident in say how you look or you have rejection anxiety, you know fear of approaching women and what not, then how will those women ever know you're one of those "nice guys." Just my observation of my single friends.

11. Witty_Sarcasm

I don't know, and I've never even been asked out on a date. So that makes me wonder what type of women most guys are attracted to.

12. CGMAngel

Helgas - yes, you're right, of course. Self-assertiveness is a key to success. It is frustrating, though. We are thoughtful and caring because we are sensitive, yet since we are sensitive we are also terrified of ridicule and rejection. Therefore we often stay back in the shadows, thus allowing others to move ahead of us.

It's just too bad we live in a world that so rarely rewards pure, old-fashioned goodness.

Good luck with the novel, by the way.

13. Witty_Sarcasm

CGMAngel, I know you will find someone great for you. You are too good of a person not to. Just don't give up on that search. Sounds cliche but it will probably happen when you least expect it.

14. CGMAngel

Witty - I think part of the problem is that most of the nice guys and girls in the world hide at home, away from a world that certainly does not reward us nor encourage us to go out.

It is a little hard to meet people inside our own four walls!

15. CGMAngel

"I know you will find someone great for you. You are too good of a person not to. Just don't give up on that search."

Witty -

Thanks for the kind words, sweetie. I'll make you a deal: I'll believe your words about me if you also believe these words about you!

Deal? (Or no deal.....)

16. Witty_Sarcasm

I think I've closed that chapter in my life, but I still have full confidence that you will find the right girl for you :)

17. CGMAngel

I guess that's no deal then.

18. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

A fat wallet usually helps.

19. Witty_Sarcasm

No, please don't base your choices on my decisions. I don't want anyone else to give up on anything, just because I'll be gone.

20. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I love clingy men. But I can understand many women's aversion to them. I like being clung to and having a very attentive partner because I'm quite a clinger myself. I don't like being an option, I don't like playing mind games; I like to be someone's "mine" and have that person be my "mine," too. And if we're lucky, stay that way until we die.

Sorry if that sounds very crazy. :subdued:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.