What do girls think about emotional, sensitive guys.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by OutCaste, Mar 3, 2009.

1. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

2. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

I prefer to know sensitive guys. My best friend is very caring and emotional, the only time he's raised a hand to anyone is when he see's anyone being hurt. I wouldn't say he's that emotional, he gets emotional about his younger brother and mother when they're in sticky situations and he often texts me to keep him company when he's had a bad day and he isn't afraid to break down when everything gets too much.
    There are plenty of people out there that like sensitive guys but i think the problem rests on the guys stereotypes. Guys need to start accepting that just because your sensitive and emotional doesn't mean you're not a 'man', in my eyes it makes you more of a man.

There is a line though, guys get sick of their girlfriends crying all day everyday or getting upset over silly things, same thing goes for girls and their boyfriends.

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

This is a great question and applies to me as well. I have been told by some macho, A-type personality guys, and many women that most women don't respect a sensitive, emotional guy. Further, that they find them weak and don;t respect them. Even though I had success in the past by giving a girl flowers on first date (which I think is a nice thing to do, and indicative of sensitivity) I have been told by many that this is considered a sign of weakness, and by the way that hasn't worked out so well recently, and I'm the same person I always was. I hope some more women will comment on this; it will help us (males) out. Of course they may consider this another indication of weakness.

4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Yea i'd like to see a response, even if I already know the answer from life experiences.

5. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

"do you know what i like most in a man? a certain feeling of inadequacy. you don't want mr confident on the dancefloor: he takes you home, he's got all the moves, he takes your bra off with his teeth, he goes: "baby, lie right there. this is how i like it." i find that about as attractive as a piece of sick. what you want is someone who is slightly unsure of himself, plays with your knicker elastic for half an hour and is eternally grateful."

i totally agree with this quote, i found it in one of my magazines and it made me smile and think, that's so true. i 100% agree.

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

The problem is... would you date him?

7. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Me too.

8. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I likey :) It's a myth that girls only go for macho, bad boys, I find that really unattractive. I like sensitivity, kindness, sweetness, someone able to have fun and laugh at himself.

9. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I like a guy to have some level of sensitivity and be emotional, but still like him to act like a 'typical' man to some extent. Because if he is as emotional and sensitive as I am, isn't that just a destructive relationship waiting to happen?

10. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

Course i would. If he was a macho prick i wouldn't.

11. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

Im keen on the emotional sensitive guys, tho as long as they can make me laugh :mad:
    But yeah from what ive heard most girls like the macho types :puke: Tho they can be nice too, when they have a good sence of humor :unsure: I just need humor :mad:

12. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

i used to be a REALLY SENSITIVE guy. Not that I'm super caring. I get offended easily and get worked up over small issues. But now, I've become less sensitive and speak my mind. I feel better this way :)

13. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Where I live there seems to be a discrepency. Many women vocally assert that they prefer sensitive, intelligent, compassionate men but in reality their attraction draws them to quite the opposite. This isn't all women of course, but here (Miami, FL) it seems to be the majority.

14. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Being emotionally sensitive and being emotionally overwrought are two different things though. :laugh: It's funny, the moment you get into a relationship both people start to change their behaviorism to match the other person's expectations. Really, don't sweat being emotionally sensitive. Because the moment you go on that date you'll find yourself behaving in all types of new ways.

Have fun with it. You don't need to impress every girl. Just one girl. :)
    j.

15. endlessskies58

endlessskies58 Well-Known Member

i was in a relationship with a guy for 3 years who was sensitive and i still love him though we've broken up a year ago. :(

i will say though that i got so tired of feeling like the assertive one in the relationship. even with sex i had to be the assertive one and it made me feel like less of a woman and i lost confidence in myself. i wanted to break up with him because of it.

you can be sensitive and emotional as long as you still are the 'man' in the relationship.

the problem with us girls too is i know i LOVE some chase. if an attractive guy i'm interested in is too forward with me i will lose interest completely. and being a woman, we pick up on body language a lot better than guys do. so i can tell EASILY if a nice and sweet guy is talking to me and he likes me. it takes the fun away...

its like never having to even go fishing... you've already caught the fish without any of the enjoyment of eagerly waiting for the bite, pulling him in, and feeling rewarded after your hard work... lol... part of the excitement of love is having to work for it. it makes the emotions grow stronger i suppose when you aren't sure the person likes you back... and being women... we are the ones on demand so we can get picky

just remember too not to be too distant either... then we will just give up... that's why i say SOME chase...

haha, and i will tell you straight up... if you meet a very attractive girl and don't give her the same attention most guys do(body language too... like checking her out, smiling constantly, etc)... even making it seem like you are interested in another girl and not her... lol! then she will most likely see that as a challenge... like a 'EVERY guy thinks i'm hot, why doesn't this guy? well, i bet i can get him to like me.'. just be friendly(but unreadable) and a cool guy and she will probably start giving you attention to try and get you to like her...

sorry... off track...

anyways...

also, as women... we love to feel dominated believe it or not... well, at least i do... especially in the bedroom... we don't want a guy to smother us with an abusive dominance in a relationship so that is where we like to feel a little sensitivity and understanding come in... but just like you guys we like sex A LOT... though it is socially unacceptable for us to feel that way out in the open i guess... and to be 'dominated' by a man in the bedroom is the sexiest thing ever. and to find out if you will 'dominate' us we have to only guess what you'll be like from your personality when we first meet you.

and its strange... i went on a AMAZING date with a guy who even would open all of the doors for me and everything... it was nice the first time but he kept doing it and it irritated me because it was like...' uh... i can do it on my own thanks...' so i guess you just have to balance to two and show it.

anyways... overall... i would love a emotional/sensitive guy as long as i still felt like the woman in the relationship. especially in the bedroom ;)

i hope i didn't sound rude... lol, i can be quite blunt. i send my love. <33333333

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
  16. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I wish more emotional sensitive guys existed.

17. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

have been in relationships with all different types of guys but have always found that the emotional and sensitive guys have treated me well. i have nothing against emotional and sensitive guys. i just want to be with someone who makes me smile and its those types of guys that seem to do it the best for me

18. plates

plates Well-Known Member

could be synonymous with abusive, self absorbed and manipulative- and so concerned with appearing sensitive and kind and caring to others.

19. shades

shades Staff Alumni

endlessskies tells it like it is; and the girl in Florida! Very few really like to be with the "romantic" type. I know from personal experience. Very little chance to meet one unless you use a dating service and pay $$$ to get dates. Unfortunately for we men who are romantic, sensitive and emotional that's the way it is and we shouldn't change, just hope for the best. I certainly dont plan on becoming some "neanderthal", bashing them on the head and dragging them off to the cave. But hey, those were the ones who got the girls. I've had girls break up with me because i was "too nice". Must be genetic and chemical with feramones (spellcheck?) and stuff like that. It's more nature than nurture. You either have it or you don't. I've got a friend who's a chick magnet, "A" type personality jerk who gets any woman he wants and treats them like shit. Flowers worked on one out of a hundred.

20. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I love emotional and sensitive guys :wub:

I hate the type that play it tough :( I like the kind that aren't afraid to show who they really are :)