What do I do if no one listens?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Ipse_Dixit, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ipse_Dixit

Ipse_Dixit Well-Known Member

The experts say:

When you are abused – tell someone. If that someone doesn’t listen, tell someone else and keep telling until someone hears you​

I've been telling people for over six months now, including government officials and police, that i've been abused and no one has done anything and no one believes me.

What do I do when no one listens or dismisses me?
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Been there hun :hug: took 6 years but finally someone heard me.
  3. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Have you tried social services? they have to listen to you hun

be strong and dont let go of it ok

be safe and well

granny :hug:
  4. *hugs tightly* please try and remember that there are people on this board and other places that DO believe you, and hopefully the truth will out for the world eventually. people just have the terrible instinct to bury their head in the sand when something as horrible as this comes along. its great that you are secure enough in yourself to admit to yourself and others what your abuser did-it took me years to do that.
    take care, pm box always open,
  5. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

my friend's girlfriend got a shiner one night during a fight with her mom and all the cops decided was that said mom was punishing her or that it was just mascara that ran due to crying.

...she went off to college and, thus, ceased..but it is amazing what lengths you must go to to be heard anymore...nobody believes..and especially not when it's the 'unruly teenager' making the report.

keep saying what is going on. eventually, you will be heard. hopefully that day is soon in its coming.

- Henry
  6. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

No1 believed me for years and years, from the first time I told someone when I was 6 years old...the abuse continued for another 9 years before it stopped.

Even to, this day trying to "prove" that the abuse took place and have people believe me still doesn't happen, but I guess ultimately, we know what happened, we know that a crime was committed against us and for the shite we have to deal with it.

Being rejected when tell someone leaves scars that no1 should have, being abused leaves scars that no1 should have.

If its any consoliation, I believe you and if you need to talk more please feel free to pm me.

Sorry, not very helpful I just understand the pain, heartache of shouting, screaming and kicking down doors to be heard and still it seems your meet with deaf ears..sorry
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.