What do I do? Is this happening??

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Bambi, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I can't believe it my parents want to fly in this Friday-both of them!

I told them that a very nice SF member was willing to drive out ...across the country from Minnesota to help me move and then all of a sudden they are saying they both will come this Friday. They say that is what family does for each other.

I don't understand this..is it guilt? What do I do say no?
    I have about an hour at most to decide.

I love this SF member for wanting to help and he was going to head out this way this summer when we could do fun stuff instead of moving and packing. What do I say to someone being so kind?

It is so hard as my Dad is saying all the things I wished he had said weeks ago, your our daughter, we are family and we want to help. Why now..is it because someone else offered?

Who do you pick a kind soul or your parents that you have been trying to reach out to?

I can't believe this is happening.. earlier in the day the friend that offered to help said something came up and therefore she and her husband didn't come with their truck and trailer and all my stuff is still here!!!

2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

um im not sure if your friend is still helping but you could meet your parents after you move?

3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

i am in the process of moving, it is a pain : ) lol :rolleyes:

you could possibly include your s.f. friend in the move w/rents and all.

make a story of how you met if you don't want your 'rents to know the truth.
    and hang out together

obviously you don't have to be together 24/7 . . . . and hey, the folks should go to bed early (or if they are like me, they can take a hint and LEAVE you to hang with your friend. )

this could be good, and i think you are lucky to have so many around that love and care for you

good luck with the move :) hugs

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was gonna say. Could be cool to combine both. SF friend and parents? You can never have too much support! :)

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am happy for you I think your parents are finally waking up thats all They see that their daughter is getting help from others and that they too need to be helpful and caring. They want to be there for you this is great enjoy their company and your friends company too. So happy for you.

6. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I also think there is no reason why both of them can't come. Whatever the reason for your parents' sudden offer to help, it can only be a good thing to have extra support there. If they get a bit too much for you, then your friend can always be there to lighten the mood a little.

Anyway, nice to hear some good news for a change! Best of luck!

Max

7. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the support. Dad did say they did not realize how bad it was which made me feel angry but I just said I will get better at trying to convey how bad it is in the future.
    My forum friend, Right U R Ken, is gonna come out after so we can focus on doing fun stuff. I have an extra bedroom but three guests would have been too much physically and mentally.
    Well I certainly learned a few things...what a great friend I have and that my parent care and that my attempts to reach out need to be more clear.
    thanks for your support everyone!

8. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

You're most welcome! Let us know how it went. Take care!

Max

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey INO,
    I think sometimes it takes a push to get your parents to open there eyes..I went six years without talking to mine because of something they said to me.. It ultimately was me who finally broke the silence and got my parents to open there eyes.. Now we are on speaking terms but they still don't understand..
    The reason I told you that is you can build up that mistrust between you and I know you don't want that to happen.. Take your parents offer and when they get there give them a big hug, it can releive the tension between you..
    I'm glad you are getting the help.. I know how low you were feeling..I'm also glad that you have made a new friend outside of the forum..Good luck to you!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.