What do I do now? Nothing ever works out.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lost2many, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lost2many

Lost2many Member

Its been about a month since I last posted. The drug store would not refill my medication without authorization from the doctor's office. The doctor's office would not authorize a refill because I hadn't been seen for over two months, so I had to go in. I finally worked up the courage to tell the doctor that I lied to her the last time I was there, when I said I didn't have a suicide plan. She gave me the information for their affiliated psychologist and made me promise to call them today. I called and learned their appointments are about 2 weeks out. They told me to call my insurance company to determine what my benefits are for mental health treatment. I called and learned there is a $1,000 deductible. It might as well be $10,000 because I can't afford either...
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It is great that you built up the courage to go and get help but absolutely sucks regarding the price. Is there a university near you that does counselling at a low rate? Is there someone that can help you with the payment?
    Sorry- im not from the US so unsure of how it works.
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You are important and I hope you take up Petal's suggestion. Be safe.
  4. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

Sure wish I had an answer. Did you call them back and tell them you have a 1,000 deductible? They may wave the deductible or find some way to get it covered.
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Most hospitals have programs available to help with deductibles and costs , particularly if you have insurance coverage for the balance after the deductible. Call and ask specifically about those at your local hospitals and medical groups and they will go over the qualifications for the aid programs based on income. While the insurance will not cover the first 1000 if that is your deductible, there will also be exemptions for things like preventative care that will have no deductible, so learning the small details of your coverage will help them bill it in a way that makes it affordable, and you do not pay the $1000 up front, you still are only paying the cost of the office visit. It is more work and a lot of needless headache, but worth looking into the fine details.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.