what do i do now? Please help me

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Sammon, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammon

Sammon Member

i am 15 and have self harmed in the past but was able to stop for a while. Recently i started again coz i just dont know how to cope with my mum putting me down all the time, accusing me of things i havnt done and just shouting every night. She is an alcoholic but wont admit it, she is also diabetic so shouldnt be drinking at all. I do worry about her coz i have a younger brother 11 and sister 7 and she nearly died not too long ago from the diabetes and i feel like it is my fault coz i was asleep and woke up but went back to sleep. I should have got up and helped her. So i cut. With everything else as well its just getting me so down also my mums ex partener who moved out a few months ago was abusive towards my mum and me for 7 years and he was also an alcoholic. Could this be part of the reason my mum drinks?. I go into school and pretend that nothing is going on hiding the cuts. I want to move out when im 16 but it would cost alot and i dont know he i could leave my brother and sister on their own with her. What should i do, any advice would help.

2. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

:hug:

im really sorry about your sister, but you are not to blame, really not

did you ever talk to an adult about what you are going through?

3. Sammon

Sammon Member

once, about the self harm coz they saw. Teachers ended up ringing home to tell my mum. My mum hit the roof and it made things 10 times worse for me

4. Beautiful Disaster

aah damn, that is not the reaction you were waiting for. sorry!

but at most schools there is this person who you can talk to and they need to shut up about whatever you are saying, so what you are telling remains a secret.. do you have someone like that at your school?

5. Sammon

Sammon Member

kind of but because by law they have to pass on certain things i have to be very careful about what i say, which means i cant talk about any of the things really bothering me.

6. Beautiful Disaster

you are in total control of what you say in that room, maybe you can say that you are going through a hard time, without going into details, and that you would like to have someone who you always can fall back on..

7. Sammon

Sammon Member

in theory although she said that she could get into trouble if anyone else finds out somehow. But i will try tomorrow and see what she says. My mum has just come into my room accusing me of breaking a plug socket, which she did last night and that i need to buy her chocolates that i stole but she didnt have any in the first place. She wants them by friday but i dont have any money what am i meant to do about that?

8. Beautiful Disaster

little off topic; is your mom mentally normal?

hmm that person is a proffesional, and if you explain that her running to your mom to tell is gonna mess everything up i am sure she wont do that. she is there to help you, looking out for you, she has your best interest at heart..

9. Sammon

Sammon Member

anything is worth a go i guess. i dont know i think its all to do with the drinking as well as being diabetic

10. Beautiful Disaster

yes please give it a try

and im sorry about your mom, it must be really hard to deal with that. :hug:

Well im really proud of you that you are going to talk to that woman, and i hope that it will do you some good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.