What Do I Do Now?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Black_Sheep_Boy, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Sheep_Boy

Black_Sheep_Boy New Member

Hi, I'm just going to dive right in it..

Last night I attempted suicide. My first method didn't work and I chickened out on my back-up. While I was hesitating and later when I went back to my room to go to sleep, I got to thinking and I decided that I should at least try to get help and see if it makes things better.

So that's where I am. Problem is that I don't know what to do next. Where do I go? An emergency room or regular doctor's office or somewhere else? Also, what do I ask when I get there? I'm really shy and not good with talking to strangers, especially about things like this, so if someone could give me advice so I can rehearse it, that would be great.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong section.
  2. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Firstly,welcome to SF and I hope you find some comfort and help here.But secondly you should really go and see your doctor or go to the hospital and just be honest.

Tell them exactly how you are feeling,hard as that may be.Also if you have already attempted it makes it all the more important that you do this.They can advise you on therapists and medication ect ect.

Please dont suffer in silence and feel free to post here or pm me if you need to talk privately.Could I ask what has driven you to feeling this way?Have you got any other support at all?Somebody who could maybe go with you?

Please dont feel like im preaching as alot of people on this site,myself included have found themselves in similar circumstances.Please dont hurt yourself,im sure you have much to give.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You can ask someone who likes the therapist s/he is working with for a referral, or speak to your MD if you have a good relationship with him/her...congrads on taking this step...very brave...big hugs, J
  4. bono

bono Well-Known Member

The health system fails. Ultimately your responsible for your own health. I would recommend sleeping until your can't sleep anymore. The going for a really long walk, for hours with no perticular destination, but along running water if possible. Don't think about anything (Every time a thought pops into your mind, push it out). An Ipod withwhite noise makes the walk smoother. Snacking on chocolate and coke all day long helps too. Sleep and exercise beat doctors and medication almost every time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.