What do I do with my life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber

This question is FREAKING me out! "WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE"

I don't know what to do, I keep just, panicking.

I'm 22, no college.. no direction.

I have a boyfriend, hardly and friends, hardly any family.

The point is I have NO clue what to do with my time. I just don't know if I can get old and look back at my life and just be full of regrets.

So I'm just wondering, does anyone really KNOW what they want to do with their life? Is it worth planning things, because I know a lot probley could get in the way.

Lately, I've just been trying to be a good person. Help people out when I can, you know? Also, I love animals, when the occasion to help one arises I do that too.

I'm just so scared. The future is so uncertain. :mellow:

Louis03

Learn skills, study, do things to build yourself up -> better self-image -> good thing towards being happier. If you don't have thing's holding you back that make that difficult I'd definitely do that. Trying to be good has to be the way I think. Karma is real!

Wastingecho

try to find a job you like

if that doesn't work at least find one you can tolerate then find something else to do that you like

if you like animals maybe try to volunteer with an animal rescue group or animal shelter - you get to help animals and make friends with others that like animals too

Amber

I don't know why this is just consuming me.

I'm just afraid, like I said to look back at my life and feel like I've wasted time.

I just don't know what it is I feel my life is lacking.

I DO try to do the best things I can...

I'm a little afraid of getting a job because of my social anxiety. I've never had a real job, I've only helped my dad out with his business.

I'm so afraid, where do I go from here?

solutions

Truth time.

Virtually no one our age has any fucking clue what they want to do.

It's an excellent tidbit of knowledge to know. Most of us in our early 20's are just fucking around in the hopes that we find something we would enjoy doing as a career.

It's almost a running joke in my family. My father was a drug dealer and total nobody until he graduated cum laude at Wharton, earning his Master's in business and eventually founding his own health care business. My mother was a depressed, social isolate in a dead-end job, who was miserable until she met my father. Pretty much all of us spend our early and mid 20's as failures, with no goals or direction of any kind.

I'd go as far to say that lacking a clear goal in life at our age is standard. And the people that say they do have a clear goal? You can bet 100% they'll end up doing something else when it all comes around.

As for myself, I've been in college for eight years, mostly part-time while working as an IT consultant and patient care aid for my father, trying almost every program the college I'm at has. I've been to four colleges. I always like to think I've set into a program, and right now that's the case, but this time I'm pretty sure I mean it.

So, if I were you, I'd try to relax a little. No one has any idea where they're going to end up at this age. Do whatever feels like the right thing to do, whether it's college or finding work in a specific field or whatever.

damage.case

I'm 39.99 and I still don't know what I want to do with my life. The beauty of it is, I can do whatever I want. Only when you've lost everything are you free to do anything.

i have other side of the issue. i think that i lose a lot of time in the past, and then i haven't successful enough today. i have an education which not fit to my profession well. and i see this gap between me and my friends who was lucky enough to had graduated what they really wanted. you know, for example i'm too old to become a successful professional footbal player.
other thing. i don't understand how people can clearly know what they want, becouse no any absolute truth in this life. all wants comes from the world, like advertising comes from tv. you see something then you want something, if you want something then you have ideas what to do (with your life) to gain what you want.
i think that only mad people exactly know what to do with their life, who thoughtlessly belive in something or poor enough to ever ask themself 'who am i and wtf i'm doing here?'. just do what ever you like to do, if everything is equal for you then do what you can do the best if there no such thing then try something new what you never did before and keep on trying till you will find something what you really like or/and what you do the best.
p.s. don't worry, all will be hit or miss ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im 22 and in the same boat, minus the boyfriend. I feel like I have no one and at the same time dont want anyone else either. I have a job but I hate it and its a physical chore every morning trying to psych myself into going, telling myself that ppl dont care about me and wont do anything to/say anything about me.

As for what to do: With the economy the way it is we dont have the luxury of taking time to figure things out anymore. We have to make immediate decisions and for us it seems totally impossible because we arent prepared. So I dont know what you can do, but I sincerely hope you find something.

Ritsu

I don't know how much I can help with this I don't but I think you should write a list of the things you love doing the things you do well and the things you always want to do but do not think you can afford to do them then look at that list look at the things you love doing and are good at and see what jobs they apply to in the world you have to shout you have to make yourself heard you have to make the world know who you are and what you stand for look in a mirror and ask what she would want out of life does this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00