What do I do?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Disappointment, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disappointment

Disappointment New Member

Arghh, I can't stop trying to make myself throw up. I have this image of me being fat, even though other people tell me I'm not. I'm curvy, yeah, and I'm happy with that I suppose. I don't want to be really skinny, but after not eating and exercising for a while, all the excess stuff just won't go away! So I'm now thinking that I should throw up, even though I know it's wrong.

The other thing that gets to me is the fact that my mom keeps telling me I'm fat and that I need to lose weight. :sad: I keep telling her that it bothers me, but she's old fashioned and believes anyone who isn't stick thin, needs to lose weight. She just doesn't understand. I haven't got the motivation/patience to lose weight properly:mellow:

And now I don't really know what to do.
  2. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

I think your mom is just from a time when "thin was in." She probably doesn't mean any harm. I hope not anyway.

When I'm in line at the grocery store, I'll look at magazine covers. I don't just see rail-thin models. I see all types b/c we're finally realizing that all types are beautiful.

If you're happy w/ you that's all that matters. Every woman wasn't meant to be a size 2 and every guy wasn't meant to be a professional body builder. Any geneticist would agree. Thank God! :biggrin:

I'm curvy, yeah, and I'm happy with that I suppose.
    If you're happy, PLEASE don't let anyone else change that.

HOT~DAWG~MAMA Active Member

I agree with SeemsPerfect there on your comment saying that you're happy with being curvy.. Just because the majority of people on tv are walking skeletons doesn't mean that's what beauty is...because it's NOT!

Being HEALTHY is the most important issue here, not how thin you are. Eat plenty of fiber and good quality healthy foods like veggies and fruits and lean proteins and don't forget dairy because it's good for your nails/hair/teeth/bones, drink plenty of water and exercise is the best way to get "healthy" and STAY healthy and in shape.

But nothing works in an instant and what people forget is that fitness isn't a temporary thing that you do until you're at your desired weight and then u stop. Not at all, fitness is an important factor of everyone's life that should be practiced EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!

What I do know is that throwing up won't help you at all, bulimia leads to alot of stomach problems, is damaging to your body AND your teeth! The acid from your stomach starts to erode away at your teeth from throwing up often..this is something common in people with bulimia.

It's best to educate yourself on what you're doing here in order to realize the risks of throwing up to loose weight. You can find out ALOT of information right here: http://www.4woman.gov/faq/Easyread/bulnervosa-etr.htm

And as for your mom, you should speak to her on how her telling you that you look 'fat' is hurting you more than helping you. Honesty is best, don't feel weird cuz you think she's going to be offended or angry or anything like that. Let her know that if she REALLY loves you, she'd help you with proper meal planning, helping you select healthy foods from the store, and even maybe help you by working out with you! Even if it's going for walks when she gets home from work. That can also help you two get to know eachother better when you work out together, and you're both helping eachother out. :)

If she resists, then PROVE to yourself more than anything that you can be beautiful, healthy and fit without being a size 2 or whatever.. And without hurting yourself! Getting in shape isn't about hurting yourself! It's about loving and nuturing yourself, inside AND out!

Hope you do what is right for you, it's your life and only you can really take care of it and make yourself happy. ;) *hugs*
    Feel free to pm me anytime if you need to talk hun!

PS. Btw I have MANY guy friends and I'm married..and no i'm not an old fart, i'm 27. But I have to admit ALL of my guy friends say the same thing, they'd rather see a woman with confidence, a beautiful smile and outlook on life and a little meat on her bones!!! The round phat booty is IN honey! Hehe! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.