• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

What do I do?

My doctor called the police on me and they took me to a horrible psych ward. I got harrased by one of the nurses there and I just feel so angry and alone. I have never been so undignified in my life. I now get PTSD flashbacks from that place and my life just got harder to live. Im always afraid Ill get taken again so I stay up and lock my doors at night. Ever since that place I also started hallucinating and hearing voices. I dont want to tell anyone because I dont wanna go back there again. I dont know what to do.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
There's a way of talking about those feelings with doctors and mental health people, and getting help dealing with them, that doesn't give them the impression that it's imminent, like as soon as you leave the office. If somebody gets that impression, can't really blame them if they want to save your life and stop you from making a terrible mistake.

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Wow, sounds like you went through something really traumatic there :( sorry you had to go through that and alone :(
Unfortunately doctors have a duty to do this if they think you’re at harm to yourself :( I wish it hadn’t of happened the way it did for you. Not sure they had to go to the extent of calling the police though :/ think that’s a little OTT
I hope you, at some point, find peace with this trauma

FlamingoWrangler

What was the reason the dr called the police? (What symptoms)
did you get help with that problem? I am sorry it was so traumatic. Hearing voices & having hallucinations is not good. I think you would benefit from talking to a dr about it. Could it be a side effect or new symptom?

There are some crap psych facilities out there, I'm sorry you ended up going to one.

I dont want to tell anyone because I dont wanna go back there again
I think they only do involuntary hospitalizations if you are a risk to yourself or others.

While it might be best to talk to your doctor about this, you could try getting treated with acupuncture and traditional Chinese herbal medicine. If that doesn't help, or doesn't help enough, you may need to get some medication from your doctor.

The links in my signature have some information about treatment methods. Though most of it is geared toward treating depression, much of the info is relevant to other conditions.

Here's a copy of the links in case you're on a phone

Treating Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia and General Help
Acupressure Self-Massage for Depression, Insomnia, and Anxiety

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My doctor called the police on me and they took me to a horrible psych ward. I got harrased by one of the nurses there and I just feel so angry and alone. I have never been so undignified in my life. I now get PTSD flashbacks from that place and my life just got harder to live. Im always afraid Ill get taken again so I stay up and lock my doors at night. Ever since that place I also started hallucinating and hearing voices. I dont want to tell anyone because I dont wanna go back there again. I dont know what to do.
Hey there @CoderMav

Welcome to SF. Everyone usually has mixed experiences in the psych ward I've noticed but I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through.

Hmmm..thinking... you don't want to go back to the doctor and you're very shaken by your experience, my advice would be go to a psychologist and tell her/ him happened and that you do not want a repeat of what happened at the doctors and see what happens from there on, usually if you don't have a method or plan , you'll be okay. I think that is your safest bet. You need to get help so try doing it differently this time if you want a different outcome.

I hope this forum helps you and just so you know, no one here will contact the police, ever. You can talk as freely as you want within the guidelines. I wish you the best.

Don't wait - get help, hearing voices and hallucinations is serious stuff. Your life matters and can get better.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00