What do I say to something like that?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by pither, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pither

pither Well-Known Member

For weeks I've been in a deep depression to the point where I only leave my room to eat and freshen up. I know it's taking it's tole on not only me but the people around me. The other day I came downstairs to eat and my mom was cooking something. I didn't really reply very enthusiastically when she asked me how I was doing and what I was up to.

Then she turns to me and says, "Em, I miss your smile. I wish you would smile more, if not for yourself than for me. I really miss it."

How can you reply to something like that when just moments before hand you were eying a bottle of pills and considering eternal sleep?

I hate this, I hate what depression has done to my life. Why do I have to feel this way all the time? It's destroying everything around me and I'm hurting the people I love more than anything.

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

:hug: depression is really a hard thing to live through...especially if you dont have any help for it...sounds like your mom cares about you alot...

have you thought of getting help? Maybe a therapist? meds and stuff...

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh i know what you mean depression affects everyone in the whole family it drains everyone. By getting help for yu with therapy and meds by getting this help you are helping the ones around you as well. I hope you know you deserve happiness you do and i hope you can get the support you need to heal.

4. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I've been on and off medication for the past few years and I have seen a couple therapists when I had the chance. That's the thing, I've tried to make things better for myself but I get to the point where the pain is still there so I decide to deal with it in my own unhealthy ways.

I feel terrible about my mom. I hate hurting her more than anything. I feel so helpless against this illness, I feel like I'm tricking myself into hurting people.

I want them to know how sorry I am and that I wish it could be different. I just find that when you're depressed, you really don't care about anything- much less getting better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.