What do I say?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by theOtherGuy, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theOtherGuy

theOtherGuy Active Member

Last year, I was seeing a campus counselor and I had a campus doctor prescribing me my Prozac. It's been almost a year since I've last gone to see them. I guess, deep down, I don't want to see the campus counselor anymore. I just don't feel like she was helping me very much. I'm starting to run low on medication. I sort of have been inconsistent taking them...trying to keeping as much for as long as possible (I know this is such a bad thing...taking medication in a way that's not "prescribed," I guess this explains why I'm so angry lately). Anyways, I digress. I guess I want to go back and see the campus doctor, but what do I say? I really don't know what to do...

I'm posting this here because I'm afraid of what I might do. I'm just so angry lately that I want to repeatedly punch someone in the face. Even as I type this, I'm just ticked off. I want to stab someone. I don't know if this is a side effect of randomly taking medication....

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i don't know if the on-off again with the medication is causing your anger, but i know from my experience that some meds have to build up to a certain amount in your bloodstream in order to work. i don't know if prozac is like that, but it might be that you aren't getting enough for it to work at all.

def. go back to the doctor. explain your moods and see what he/she says. tell them that you don't want to go back to the same counsellor, and is there something else, or someone else they can refer you to. i'm sure the dr. would want to know that you have been feeling worse and i'm also sure they'd want to help. there's nothing wrong with asking for some more help. be as honest as you can.

3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

go back to both, tell them how you feel and tell them the truth, now is not the time to make stuff up.
    even if you think she doesnt help its got to be best just to tell someone and see what happens.

what have you got to lose

stay safe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.