What Do People Live For?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Arthur523, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthur523

Arthur523 Well-Known Member

Pretty easy question, or is it?

Can someone honestly tell me what they live for? Is it for happiness, love, your family?
  2. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

I live for the day I make a difference in this world.
  3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I'm hoping one day I'll feel better. There's a chance of it happening, but the even greater chance that I'll never make it till then :mellow:. I don't actually live for a lot, if anything. I take it day by day usually. Not much happens. Thankfully my memory/attention span has deteriorated, so boredom isn't always as crippling as it used to be :tongue:.
  4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

I stay alive for the sake of my daughter.
  5. Arthur523

I can sort of relate with you. My memory isn't the greatest, so doing absolutely nothing all day actually isn't all that bad... but I have to admit, it does get a little old. I guess I could go do some more activities that I like to do (snowboarding, playing basketball, sex) but none of that really makes me that happy anymore. It's kind of like a temporary fix like drugs and alcohol. That's why I made this thread, because I'm just curious what other people live for.
  6. Arthur523

Just curious...
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2010
  7. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I live for the hope that things will get better and easier, not that I believe in that fairytale bullshit, I just guess it is one day at a time. Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on with my life, I guess there is no such thing as "normal" but I am looking to see what happens, that false hope that I may learn to smile.
  8. victor

victor Account Closed

coz im fuckin stupid, thats why i keep on living. for my stupid dreams which will never come true anyway
  9. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

Survival and procreation in imprinted in our genes. Its as basic as food and water.

I dont really care about procreating or passing on my genes, god knows one of me is enough.
    I also dont care much about life so I must belong to a minority.
  10. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

I live only so that my family may be spared the agony of my suicide.
  11. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I try to be a little helpful to others. I basically work for God till he calls me home.
  12. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

For her. For interest.
  13. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

i think people live for freinds, family, lovers, and their career goals.
    i dont know what i live for.
  14. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Hmm, well i can't really say my family because they are fuck heads. I don't really have many friends. Partly why I am still here is Krista. Another part is that I want to help kids who have been abused like I was and I can't do that from the grave.
  15. Raven

Raven Guest

I do not wish for my parents to deal with my end.
  16. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

I live because I can't die.
  17. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

The pursuit of happiness.
  18. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

People live for the sake of living. We're born into this world and have no choice but to live it out while we can (unless of course we opt out and commit suicide). In other words, life is all about the feelings, accomplishments, experiences, and obstacles that we encounter.
  19. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Same here! I live for the sake of fulfilling curiosity.
  20. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

Just feel obliged to really.

Nothing much more than that to be honest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.