what do u think about death?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kmi_x3, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmi_x3

kmi_x3 Member

im such another person who feels soo bad
    since 3 years ago , i feel bad about EVERYTHING

i hate my lifestyle

this is everything?
    this is living?
    i hate the routine
    I've lost motivation about everything
    i feel soo empty

i dont see any reeason to do anything

im 18 years old , 18 years about anything

id like to die , of corse ,but im so scared

what is DEATH?

i'll be fine ?

what's after?

maybe is WORSE , i dont know

id like to know what do u think about that

die or not?
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Looked at your myspace page...there is so much to you...so gifted, and quite present...it would be a shame if the world could not benefit from this...what is going on for you? please, if you feel comfortable, share with us (and/or PM me)...in answer to your question, I have little understanding about the 'here after' (I am a Jew-Bu, so lots to choose from) and after many years of being suicidal, I have started to focus my attention on the 'here and now'...it is just as scary, but seems to be paying off...big hugs, J
  3. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

dont worry about it
  4. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Eighteen years old, bright, talented, so incisive.

The question you ponder is likely as old as when humankind became self-aware and was immortalized in Shakespeare's Hamlet.

"To be or not to be, that is the question;
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
    And by opposing, end them. To die, to sleep;
    No more; and by a sleep to say we end
    The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
    That flesh is heir to — 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
    To sleep, perchance to dream.

Me, I'm with Angelo.
    And I also like "Don't believe the weather is perfect the day you die." i like that. It is cryptic and cautionary.

5. kmi_x3

kmi_x3 Member

thanks for ur help guys ^^
    my problem is....that

"empty" that word can define myself
    i havent scars , abuse, big problems

its just , my life is so empty

and nothing can motivate me to do anything

but im till dont know if i commit suicide god will get angry with me or something like that?

i belive in god without any religion
    so i dont know what said the bible about that

6. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the bible. Maybe look into getting help. It might help, it might not. Don't know till you try.
  7. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

The Bible doesn't say anything bad about suicide.

8. I agree.
  9. requiem46

requiem46 Active Member

that sounds SO familiar here... Yeah, even the religion part.

what I tend to do is to think that there may not be nothing worth a damn at the moment, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to find something later on in my life. So why should I end my life now?

As to the religion part, I haven't thought too much about that yet >.< thing is, God gives you life so he should be the one to decide when will it end, which is why killing is bad. That'd include killing oneself, I guess. Then again, if you kill yourself/allow yourself to get killed to save others, it'd be good. So I don't think they say suicide is evil in itself... right?

See, it's confusing xD
  10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi again...emptiness may be protective...to not get involved in one's life, is to keep everything abay...I have found that the way I become less estranged from what I am doing, is to do one little thing I WANT TO DO...at first, it was as seemingly banal as getting out...then started to buy small bunches of flowers...I am fortunate, I live in NY and can get them 24/7...then I started to feel strong enough to take on the real monsters...they still come to visit, but I am no longer reflexively answering to their calls...thnks for the PM...and write when you want to...big hugs, J
  11. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

My father always scared me by saying "the one sure way to go to Hell is by killing yourself." I haven't bothered to read the Bible (you can have only so many prayers unanswered before you lose faith) so I couldn't say for sure. If you have lived a lonely, torturous existence, the other side doesn't seem so scary. I'm taking my chances this fall if things haven't changed by then.
  12. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

If there is an afterlife, then it's probably pretty bleak. I honestly wouldn't want to wander around aimlessly for many, many years. It's better to stay alive and finish what you came to do in this life than to prematurely end it.
  13. nagisa

:hug: Please take care of yourself....
  14. kmi_x3

kmi_x3 Member

yeah . . . .. i didnt thought in that way
    i hate this world. . .pple.. . all is so bad
    maybe im avoiding that
    damn -_-

commite suicide ..is murder anyways
    maybe is the same to god
  15. nagisa

There are seven suicides mentioned in the Bible. None of them are perceived to be negative. I really wouldn't worry about going to Hell by commiting suicide if I were you. It uesed to really bother me but then I research it and now i'm fine with it. It is the same about homosexuality. The Bible doesn't say anything really negative about it in the original text. Don't worry... :hug:
  16. sithspit

sithspit Well-Known Member

I actually asked my minister about this, as I was worried I'd go to hell when I kill myself. I asked whether it was the ultimate betrayal, God giving you life, existance and everything only for you to say "no thanks" (at least, that's how it may be perceived). He said no-one ever killed themselves to spite someone else, even God, and that God's love is so powerful and merciful, that He wouldn't punish you for it. I felt much better after hearing that.
  17. nagisa

Awww. He seems like a very sweet guy. :)
  18. sithspit

sithspit Well-Known Member

Keith, my minister, is brilliant. Kind, intelligent, understanding, but completely unwavering in his faith. He doesn't say the right thing because it's what society dictates, he does it because the Bible says so... and usually, they both end up being the same thing, contrary to popular belief.

Still, my faith hasn't really helped my suicidal feelings, which makes me feel I am failing somewhat.
  19. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Silent Enigma for the win. :thumbup:

Wow that's a first for me, Dave! :tongue: What do you base it on?

Here we are, all assuming there may or may not be or a God in the first place... I also see many people believe the Bible is inherently correct, inherently moral, an ultimate authority and "instruction for life," and inherently divine.

In fact, there are many disparate faiths the world over, many differing religions with their own "Bibles" (Islam has its Koran, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) have their... well, Book of Mormon, with three other books of scripture they consider divine--including the King James Bible--Judaism has its Torah, and on and on and on).

We on this forum, I believe, are primarily "Western" in thought. This "insulated" characteristic is natural. It is the way of humankind. People believe what is handed down; they believe their cultural religious heritage.

I am inclined to go with the Chopras, the Dyers, the Marianne Williamsons--all of whom embrace an open spiritual view that we are more like souls on a journey.

I consider Williamson's A Return to Love a must-read for anyone interested in escaping their guilt-traps, fears of damnation, and in general just being a freer person while on Earth. (Deepak Chopra has said jovially, "I think sometimes enlightenment is lightening up!"

There is so much we are just beginning to comprehend. The very young field of quantum physics is validating more and more of what the above authors write about, and vice-versa. To give you a start, you might Google or Wiki the term "synchronicity," about which Dr. Wayne Dyer's You'll See It When You Believe It discusses in detail.

I am sorry to be so positive and "up." This might not be the right place--I dunno. But read. Learn. Be open. Grow. See how synchronicity on a much larger (human) scale might well agree with Einsein's "spooky action at a distance" obervation of very small particles.

* * * * *​

I was watching an episode of "Iconoclasts" on The Sundance Channel recently. (The term "iconoclasm" means the challenging of cultural religious symbols or questioning of long-held beliefs.)

They had an hour-long show featuring Deepak Chopra and of all things, comedian Mike Myers discussing (...of all things, lol!) the connection between consciousness and comedy. It was brilliant! (See here).

I always try to be careful to state that I never mean to minimize, discount, or seek to diminish the depth of other people's pain on here. But if you can, don't dwell on death, ya'll. Live to learn (yes I said that correctly). Get passionate. Get help. Look up. Try to look up--don't fight for your demons, in other words (don't dwell on death). Find your personal fascination or make one.

Well, to the title: That's what I think about death--not too much, really.:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  20. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

wow, im exactly the same as you described...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.