What do you believe?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by see, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. see

see Well-Known Member

Do you believe that there is a God?

Who do you believe that God to be?

What do you believe about death and what happens after we die?

Do you believe in heaven?

Do you believe in hell?

Do you believe in the devil?

Do you believe in evil?

Do you believe in the Bible?

Do you believe in creation or evolution?

Do you believe that there is other life in the universe besides us?

Why do you believe we live?

2. Asylum Project

Asylum Project Well-Known Member

I really wish I knew, those questions keep spawning more questions, and I get overwhelmed with anxiety, I just don't know I'm like lost in all aspects of my life.

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I know there is a God. He/she is called by many names, but it's all the same thing.

God IS unconditional love.

I believe that death is like waking up from a dream, be it a pleasant one, or a nightmare.

Heaven and hell are just two different states of mind. Heaven is real because God created it, hell is not because we did. We are in hell no. I believe Earth is an outward manifestation of our insane desire to be separate from God, and so Earth is a hellish state of mind made manifest.

I believe that the Devil is representative of the ego which separates us from each other, and evil is following the ego's guidance as opposed to God's.

I believe that there is very little truth in the Bible. Then it got surrounded by half-truths but mostly complete nonsense.

I believe that the beginning of time was the beginning of our separation from God. Therefore, evolution is a natural outcome of what WE created and wanted.

I believe there are many other worlds with many different types of creatures, many not in our dimension/frequency range. If we could see into all the dimensions, we would see all different types of creatures that share the Earth with us but how we are unaware of each other.

I believe that "life" on Earth is much more like death than life. I believe to be truly alive you need nothing to sustain yourself and are without a body. We use food to survive and eventually "die" but all that can sustain the universe is love because everything is made up of love however it is perceived. There is nothing you could find but love. And God asks no sacrifice be made that you receive the love he/she constantly gives.

God loves you. No need to worry ever. You are safely in God's arms forever.

4. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Do you believe that there is a God? No

Who do you believe that God to be? N/A

What do you believe about death and what happens after we die? Dont know yet

Do you believe in heaven? Nope

Do you believe in hell? No

Do you believe in the devil? No

Do you believe in evil? Well, yeah

Do you believe in the Bible? I believe it exists, although it's just a popular work of fiction

Do you believe in creation or evolution? Evolution

Do you believe that there is other life in the universe besides us? Yes, it's just a question of if it is intelligent or not.

Why do you believe we live? To make use of our lives

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

If there is some kind of intelligent creator, I do know that it's very unlikely to be anything like what is described in the babble. A "god" that would punish it's creations for doing what it obviously designed them to do would not be worthy of worship.

I don't think anyone gets out of life alive.

Why should I? I think it's one possibility among countless possibilities. But there is no evidence that anything at all happens when we die other than we rot, turn to dust and that's that.

Yes. I'm in it.

No.

Do you believe in evil?

No.

I have one. I'd have to be pretty dumb not to believe it's there. It was obviously written in whatever passed for an asylum in it's day.

I don't believe in anything.

I think it would be pretty strange if there wasn't. Everything we know tells us that there's nothing particularly remarkable about our little corner of the universe. If life came about (by whatever means it did so) here, why not elsewhere?

That isn't really something I care to ponder that much. No matter what I think, we're here and I wouldn't accomplish a thing if I sat here and drove myself nuts trying to solve the riddle of life and existence. I'm crazy enough as it is. Smarter people than me have dwelt upon the question their whole lives and never figured it out. I don't need an answer and it wouldn't do me any good if I believed one thing or another. Nothing will change. I will die in the end just like everyone else who's ever lived.

I know why I live. I live to suffer. Whatever semblance of the thing we call fate exists, it has apparently cursed me. I will suffer (in some form or another) for as long as I exist. I always have and it just gets worse.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
  6. jam1e

jam1e Guest

Do you believe that there is a God?

Do you believe in heaven?

Do you believe in hell?

Do you believe in the devil?

Do you believe in evil?

Do you believe in the Bible?

Do you believe in creation or evolution?

Do you believe that there is other life in the universe besides us?

Why do you believe we live?

I believe there is good and bad in everyone, and that has nothing to do with religion!

As for the rest, its just bible bullshit! It just gives people something to believe in, thats it's only purpose!

7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Do you believe that there is a God? Definitely maybe. :tongue:

Who do you believe that God to be? If it exists at all, something akin to Aristotle's unmoved mover. Not personal and loving, not remotely interested in humans.

Do you believe in heaven? No, I do not believe in an immaterial soul that survives death.

Do you believe in hell? No, see above.

Do you believe in the devil? No, the idea is stupid.

Do you believe in evil? Yes.

Do you believe in the Bible? As a historical document, sure. As a guide of moral conduct or anything of that sort, no.

Do you believe in creation or evolution? I lean toward evolution, but might be argued into some sort of "theistic evolution" also.

Do you believe that there is other life in the universe besides us? Yes, but also that we'll never meet them and they'll never meet us. Space is just too big to cross.

Why do you believe we live? I don't believe there is any reason other than that which each individual comes up with.

8. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

I don't belive in the gods described by man but I do belive that something cannot come out of nothing.

9. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

What did your God come out of?

10. I-Died-In-My-Dream

:laugh:

I don't have a god. I don't like to assume with the unknown.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
  11. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

I also can't beleive it's not butter :rolleyes:

12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

What is nothing?

13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

woooo
    that question is sexy :rockon:

14. I-Died-In-My-Dream

Ok you win :blink:

15. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

I dont believe there is a God
    I believe that when we die we all go to heaven, not to heaven and hell
    I believe in the devil and in evil
    I dont believe in the Bible
    I believe in creation
    I believe there is other life in the universe, there has to be, the universe is so big
    I dont know why we live, or why i do for that matter

16. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Do you believe that there is a God? No

Who do you believe that God to be? N/A

What do you believe about death and what happens after we die? I believe its just like a very long dreamless sleep

Do you believe in heaven? No

Do you believe in hell? Yes (which is a contradiction i know, but i have my reasons)

Do you believe in the devil? Yes

Do you believe in evil? Yes

Do you believe in the Bible? No

Do you believe that there is other life in the universe besides us? Yes

Why do you believe we live? For reproduction only

17. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

Do you believe that there is a God? NO

Who do you believe that God to be? Nothing

What do you believe about death and what happens after we die? We turn to ashes or rot away in a coffin

Do you believe in heaven? No

Do you believe in hell? No

Do you believe in the devil? No

Do you believe in evil? Yes

Do you believe in the Bible? No

Do you believe that there is other life in the universe besides us? Not Sure

Why do you believe we live? No fucking clue

18. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Still have to firgure that out.

19. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

your mentality is scary only because millions of people think like you, people like you helped Bush to power in 2000 and 2004, people like you are making the earth a worse place to live for those who wanted to live in this life in peace and happiness

I blame you people for alot of my problems, I hate you people with every fiber of me being

The bolded part is the scariest part, words can not describe how much I hate you people, you have destroyed this earth

I wish Christianity didnt frown upon suicide like other cults, I cant believe what Christians have done to this earth

20. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

Do you believe that there is a God? -nope

What do you believe about death and what happens after we die? -when we die we die, no coming back, and no afterlife.

Do you believe in heaven? -no

Do you believe in hell? -only on earth :dry:

Do you believe in the devil? -no

Do you believe in evil? -yes

Do you believe in the Bible? -im not an idiot

Do you believe in creation or evolution? -not creation, haven't really had the time to study evolution

Do you believe that there is other life in the universe besides us? -yes, well not little aliens flying around is ships:tongue:

Why do you believe we live? -no reason at all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.