What do you consume?

Going along with my belief that diet and the gut is a possible root cause of our condition, I'd like to know what people here consume on a daily basis or otherwise.

PLEASE list everything you consume, food and drinks, regularly or otherwise. If you think anything helps or hurts, please let me know that too.

I survived on organic vanilla ice cream and organic corn chips for the longest time, but foolishly started eating other foods and I'm really paying the price. (those are no longer working thanks to that) Both have an acidifying effect which could be countering an over-alkaline state.

AND, if you're desperate to feel better, try not consuming anything for a little while to see if that helps. (fluids included) It's a last ditch effort, but as they say, desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm going to start doing just that for the next few days, in hopes of just getting close to okay. (really struggling lately, tried bananas, bad idea)

Last edited:

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
I personally try sticking to more fruits & vegetables as a big part of my daily diet. I don't believe fully that it is the root cause of some of my mental strife, however I have noticed differences here & there hormonally & mood wise depending, especially with fast food & non local dairy/meat products. Once I stopped drinking soda, & eating a lot of junk, only leaving it for rare occasions I definitely noticed a huge change. My boyfriend & his mom who I live with tend to eat more artificial, instant things & t's very interesting to see how different foods, along with additives & lack of naturalness seems to affect people for sure. His mom tried keto & there was such a shift it was crazy. Very intriguing topic

I'd also be interested in any physical symptoms as well, no matter how obscure.

I find I feel a need to compulsively shove things up my as.... (JUST kidding) shove things under my fingernails. The flesh around the nails contain the fastest growing nails in the body, that could be indicative of too much or too little cell growth.

I also get flaky eyebrows, and under my beard. Maybe some problem with hair follicle function or a yeast overgrowth.

I personally try sticking to more fruits & vegetables as a big part of my daily diet. I don't believe fully that it is the root cause of some of my mental strife, however I have noticed differences here & there hormonally & mood wise depending, especially with fast food & non local dairy/meat products. Once I stopped drinking soda, & eating a lot of junk, only leaving it for rare occasions I definitely noticed a huge change. My boyfriend & his mom who I live with tend to eat more artificial, instant things & t's very interesting to see how different foods, along with additives & lack of naturalness seems to affect people for sure. His mom tried keto & there was such a shift it was crazy. Very intriguing topic

Thanks for the info, StrangeRanger.

I think Keto and Paleo are worth a look, they get you off of the sugar addiction, prevent yeast/fungal/mold overgrowth AND help acidify,
which is one theory I go with. (those 3 like an alkaline environment)

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Food - I try to have some carrots every day. I have different things each day but always have porridge for breakfast (not cos I really love it a lot but cos I like that it helps me feel full. I have a very low tolerance for feeling hungry).

I eat at least 1 or more granola bar each day, sometimes pasta for dinner, or potatos in some form (hash browns or fries), soup, not much meat overall. Sometimes chocolate, chips, crackers and cookies which I have to cut back on a lot.
Need to eat a lot more fruits & veggies though for sure. I'm pretty good about not eating fast food very often at least. I try to limit it to only 1-2 times per month at the most.

Actually do have to be careful with some things in my diet for certain reasons. Can't ever eat pizza or bread of any kind (whether it's a thick kind or even the thin pita kind), raw cheese (not more than an extremely, non-satisfying amount of it anyway lol), and it's better if I don't eat much chips or crackers. Probably for the best though cos back when I didn't have to worry about anything I ate overall I ate way too much of all those things. We probably had pizza for dinner at least 1 or more times per week, every week. It was frozen from the store rather than delivery (way too expensive to do the delivery way). Anyway still very unhealthy eating any kind of pizza so often like that.

Drinks - I try to drink at least 4 glasses of water a day, usually able to drink more than that. Only other thing I ever drink for the most part is tea.

Good idea for a topic :) I agree with those who said depending on what you eat that it can definitely affect your mood for the better or for the worse. Very important part of health on all levels, not just physically.

Good idea for a topic :) I agree with those who said depending on what you eat that it can definitely affect your mood for the better or for the worse. Very important part of health on all levels, not just physically.
So many foods don't work for me that I end up eating an extremely limited diet.

But it's either that or be miserable, so I live with it. (or not want to)

Przym

Junk, soda, coffee, wine.

All of which are horrible, but I need the coffee and soda for... the laxative affect.

If I don't go, I don't eat.

My guts have been twisted for weeks now because I went off my keto diet.

I'm basically confined to meal replacement shakes because any solid food is just making things worse at this point.

A note: I have an incredibly stressful, unhappy environment, and have dealt with gut/bowel issues for nearly 9 years.

I've tried 2 things with my diet that may help someone else here.

I've started eaten nothing but organic yellow corn chips, in the
hopes it would get my gut right and my bowels moving. (I can
go DAYS without going) (cornmeal is another option)

And I just had 2 Vanilla Frosty's from Wendy's this afternoon.

I then went home and had a big bowel movement, my first in
more than a few days. (hadn't in so long I was starting to worry)

I pretty sure the corn chips were responsible, but I do find
some processed foods seem to give me something I need
too. It could be sodium phosphate, or a malt extract (both
are in the frosty's)

There also a paprika extract I think has a positive effect, but
it's hard to tell with all the things they put in fast foods.
(nacho chips have paprika extract for color/taste, and also
sodium phosphate as an emulsifier, added to them)

If you eat something and start feeling better, make note of
it and look for what might have been responsible. It should
be worth the trouble if you can determine what did it.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00