what do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by sandalwood, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandalwood

sandalwood Well-Known Member

and how do you cope with it. or if you don't work what do you do instead?

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

i don't really make enough money to provide for myself. I'm 19 and live at home with my parents.
    I work at a music store 12-20 hrs per week. I'm actually at work right now haha.

I find it really hard to hold a steady job. This is easy for me and I think I can stick with it. I can cope cuz I know the people that own the place, and I can come here hehe.

3. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

4. Lucie

Lucie Well-Known Member

I care for old people, sick, disabled and retarded. It's damn hard emotionally and phisically and I don't really like it. But the job allows me to have my own flat and provide for myself.

5. I don't do anything for a living... I live w/ my parents. I've had a job before, and I like the feeling of safety and security that money brings, but mentally, I just really can't cope w/ working.

6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

drift, sleep, walk and float , eat regularly, and yell (not scream i just yell),
    talk and listen to chris. it's the best life i've had in years. :cool:

7. Forsaken Heretic

Forsaken Heretic Well-Known Member

I'm a cashier at a Sporting Goods store, I deal with customers day in and day out which at times can be a real big headache.

8. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

professional, i find old things long forgotten. privately, i drink for a living (sort of a joke if you can find it).

9. lysander1

lysander1 Member

training to be a teacher. though off for a few months get health etc back on track :)

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I teach students music.

11. I clean 8 hours a week and am on disability.

12. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

I study. XD

13. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i sell auto parts (part time), work on cars (yes and i'm a woman too), and am applying for disability.

14. Loc

Loc Active Member

I'm a bookie clerk. I lay bets and do other related stuff. I deal with gamblers all day, thought actually for the most part they are nice,especially as I am new.

The hours are pretty sucky though. I work weekends and get two week days off

15. silo

silo Well-Known Member

recently i've been a butcher and a daycare worker (nice combo lol), but am currently unemployed. i'm going to school for my bachelor's of science in nursing. i live with my son and little sister.

16. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

I work in healthcare full time--ironically.

Own my own e-business, do real estate and bookkeeping on the side with a biz partner.

Yet, this is not enough.

17. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

I to work in Healthcare, have done for 27 years dont know anything else, but i still want to help others so i guess im in the right job

18. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I'm a personnel administrator. I deal with assignment, payroll, etc. In other words, I push paper from one side of my desk to the other and get a paycheck. It sucks but it pays the bills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.