What do you do in your darkest days?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Parvathi, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parvathi

Parvathi Member

Hey guys, I´m new here, and have been diagnosed with depression a while ago... I was just thinking, I really struggle with some terrible days when I don´t feel like getting out of bed at all (but I have to, anyway- today being one of these days), and I wonder what do you guys do when you feel like this...I´m suicidal, have been so, for a while, but I don´t feel like I want to do it just yet...in the meantime, just pain, a lot of it...God, this is difficult...
  2. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

how are you?
    welcome to SF...Im also suffer from the same thing...im ussaly when i cant get out of bed & start to cry instead...i put my Ipod/MP3 player in my ears...when im still at bed...then i go with music...i listen to somthing I like...and with the upbeat then i sing & be realy with the music...I set on the bed & go out after a while without even know.
    another thing can help me is to deside to do somthing i realy like first before do anything even before wash my face...like I go to facebook or anything i miss/like.
    something also helped me is I go & read a book in bed before i wake up or with my morning coffee that motivate me like "the secret" doesnt matter which page...just read randomly or anything just to motivate & get out of bed.
    Then after i finally get out of bed when it was very hard to get out & crying so much...i take all day off...like vacation...and just relax and do what i like....

I hope my tips help you to get Idea that help you...they helped me alot...I hope you feel better soon...
    take care :hug:
  3. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

^ This.

Just take a break from the daily routine like classes or studying and try to relax in an enclosed environment where nothing can bother you.
  4. Parvathi

Parvathi Member

Yeah, I´ll try to do that...it´s very difficult to go on with your life if you feel like absolute crap and can´t actually get out of bed! Thanks for the tips, guys! :hugtackles:
  5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

When I'm in my darkest days, I get as much rest (and hopefully sleep) as I can.

I remember the years when I was working I would say to myself, "Staying home don't pay the bills." At that point in my life I was like a robot. I would go to work then go straight to bed when I got home. It was miserable.

I found it best if I took extra sleep breaks during the week. I remember every Wednesday night I would fix spaghetti for the family then go right to bed. I also slept in the afternoon on a weekend day.

I have always had to be sure not to be committed to more than work and taking care of my family or it totally did me in.
  6. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

I get those moods alot. Last night I read some tips here in SF what may help during those times. Today I couldn't get out of bed. I made a list in my mind what I really should get done. Took about an hour of procrastinating but I forced mysef to the shower and cleaned the place top to bottom. Then did grocery shopping and rewarded myself with a steak. After all this I have been feeling much better today.
  7. Xian

Xian Well-Known Member

The darkest days see me drunk and high and texting people telling them how much I love them and appreciate what they've done for me...then they think I'm gonna die and I tell them don't worry but they do anyway. Then I write suicide notes in my journal. And listen to sad music. Its not pretty.
  8. diver200

diver200 Senior Member

on my darkest days i think of new and improved methods, ones that will hopefully work this time. Im sick and tired of failing at everything....including offing myself. what kind of loser am i, i cant even succeed at that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.