What do you do to end a pity party?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Pneuma, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pneuma

Pneuma Guest

I've been in this mood lately where I have things I need to do (study for finals, do my taxes, look for another apartment, clean the cat's litter box) but can't make myself do them and end up just moping around at home doing NOTHING FOR HOURS. It's like my mind is clouded and can't stay on one track for more than a few seconds.

What does everyone else do when they feel this way?

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Go to the doctors and get some help and support.

Also, prioritise. The things that REALLY need doing, are things like the cat litter. It is not fair for the cat to suffer (if you can't cope with it at the momebt, maybe get it adopted, or put it into a cattery for a bit or something).

As hard as it is, you need to try and find a way to do a little bit each day.

But yes, the doctors is the best place to start.

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I write down a list of what needs doing and pin it up somewhere that I can't avoid seeing it.
    Then I go down the list ticking off as the job is done.
    Some things just don't get done, but as Scum said prioritise. all my must does are at the top of the list.
    And yeah, go see the doc you are obviously depressed.

4. BigFluffy

BigFluffy Member

I always feel that this.

What you need is sugar. Lots of it. Perferably with caffeine.

Doctors suck.:dry:

5. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Stupid final exams. I'd rather not defer them, though. Fuck. It's sure hard to focus when there's only one thing on your mind every waking moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.