what do you do when there is absolutely no hope?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lymeinside, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lymeinside

lymeinside Well-Known Member

what can a person do when they have absolutely no hope of achieving happiness and peace of mind?

every single shred of hope has been beaten out of me over time. i reach new lows every day. i am filled with self hatred and self disgust. each and every day is a living hell. i have destroyed myself and my life beyond repair. there is only temporary relief from the mental anguish, and all it does it mask it.

i don't believe this will get better. i cannot achieve my goals and i will be in this lonely pit of darkness for the rest of my life.

i am scared to die and i am scared to live.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think truly asking the question about how to 'be' without knowing what is in the future is a good place to start...we do not know what will happen, and yet, we bias the future with our expectations of negative results...just my 2 cents, J

3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey. i have been where you are. it is phrased best (to me) by a song lyric. . .""i can't keep going but i cannot start again"" ((3 doors down))

i know what it feels like.

am here if you want to talk - hope you get support and are able to get through this hugely painful time. . . .

pm me if you like - and know that i care about you - xx:console:

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I know how you feel.
    I don't think you would have posted if you were devoid of hope though.
    Just posting here is one positive thing.

People here are caring. Here is a shoulder for you to lean on!

:heart:

5. free_your_mind

free_your_mind Active Member

i feel the same way, i just want it to end.

6. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

When we think of the future with no hope and we can see no way out, that is called, projecting. I used to do it all the time, when I was at the lowest in my despair.

I don't know, but I think it is a symptom of people who have suicidal ideations. Someone on another forum said I was a survivor. Well I dont know about that, since I have been slowly poisoning myself with bad food, booze and smokes for a long time now.
    But what I do know, is that I try to live in the day. I can't think about tomorrow. When I do think about the future, I think about things that I look forward too. Simple things like the new Star Trek movie coming out. The new KISS album coming out, stuff like that.

I don't know if I will ever be happy again. I dont know if I will ever be healthy again. Hell, I dont even know if I will be alive tomorrow, what with my health problems.

So what I would say, is dont despair over the possibility of no hope. Dont project that despair into the future. You don't know for sure what tomorrow will bring. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

7. free_your_mind

free_your_mind Active Member

yes i certainly do, because i read tarot cards so i know what is going to happen, so it makes it worse for me, tomorrow never takes care of itself (it just gets worse and worse each day), you always have to help yourself, always.

8. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am not saying don't help yourself, what I am saying is that there is no need to worry about the future.

As far as tarot cards go, I personally don't believe in them. For me the believe in the power of tarot cards is based on faith.

I also believe, that if when you read the cards, and they tell you that you are going to have a really lousy day tomorrow, that your mind, then believes that you are going to have a lousy day, and so you do.

Not because it was predestined. But rather because your mind set upon itself perhaps subconsiously to make it a bad day, because afterall that is what the cards said.

I know about faith and believing in something. I also know the power that faith can have on the mind.

If I pray to God that I will have a good day, I usually have a good day. Now was that God answering my prayer? Or was it my mind, thinking that God was there with me, so my mind set out perhaps again subconciously to make it a good day?

We make out of life, what we want to. At least on some level.

That's just my humble opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.