What do you do when you have no hobbies?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Obsessive, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obsessive

Obsessive Well-Known Member

I've played video games since I was 2. Now I'm sick of all the games I can play; most games nowadays I suck at so badly I can't stand to play. So now it feels like I have nothing. :blub:

What do you do when the only thing you can do in life kicks you to the curb?

2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Try something else. Working out is a good option.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You need to find a new one! Maybe painting,drawing,poetry,poker,bingo,reading,learning something new. The world is yours :D

4. Obsessive

I've already tried different college courses, sports, exercise, reading, TV, etc. There's just nothing for me. =/ Everybody else has something, but not me. All I can do is continue to play video games that are too hard for me and torture myself for not being able to succeed at the one thing I've done my entire life.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

volunteer to help others at a nursing home or with children that have handicaps reach out and try to make a difference is someones life. Go for a walk a swim volunteer at a food bank anything that can get you to get out of your place and into a new enviroment take care

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You come to SF! lol

7. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

what game?....looks like your taking it too seriously

8. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Work on your fitness? Learn an instrument? Learn more about subjects you're interested in? Learn a language?
    Pick a random hobby and stick with it. Even if you don't enjoy it at first, you'll learn to.

9. Obsessive

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Looking into volunteering at a cat shelter, and maybe a gym.

And yeah, I do take my games a little too seriously. I just feel ashamed that I spent practically my whole life doing it and am still bad at it.

10. Ants

Ants Well-Known Member

Make life a hobby. Say Hi to people... interact...., all I can promise you is that it never gets old.

11. Obsessive

I have very poor social skills so that's a no go.

Argh, why can't I enjoy anything at all? Can't even watch TV. Wish I could stay asleep forever. :sad:

12. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey sounds like you need to get your doctor to look at different medication for you reasses what is going on maybe need new types of depression meds or even some for attention problems but go in and talk with your doctor okay.
    Call crisis and let them know good people there to with ideas to help. I hope you can reach out and try volunteering your time to help others take care

13. Obsessive

I've been on over 30 medications with no success, had ECT, and am on my 8th therapist. =/ No sign of my depression letting up in the near future. Doubt I could help anyone anyway.

14. shades

shades Staff Alumni

READING / No competetition...you can't lose!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.