• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

What do you do when you have no motivation?

C4RL4

You have and need to get something done, or simple want to, but you don't feel like doing it "right now".

Not like procrastination, you just don't have it in you to do anything at the moment.

What will you normally do? Wait until later maybe? Motivate yourself with something, and if so, with what? Or you just force yourself to do it, and how does that works for you?

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
If I can avoid it or I have to due to a complete lack of energy, then I wait until I feel better.

If it's something that can't be avoided, if possible I'll throw my headphones on and do it while at least having something nice to listen to. Usually end up daydreaming as well if it's not something that's mentally intensive.

I just wait until I do have the willpower, which is usually a day or few later. Other than that the only thing that motivates me is rock music, it gives me that mental energy boost and having something to sing along to or hear in the background gets me pumped to do stuff.

Reaver

If it's something I need to do, I need to force myself. Leaving it until I feel better would most likely mean I'd never do it or leave it for far too long. If it's just a desire, it has to be an extremely strong one. Anything less and I usually won't even come close to bothering.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I guess like everyone else, it depends on how much you need to get the thing done. If it's a "need to complete" then you just get going with it.
If you can slag it off another few hours or a day then I might just do that too.

Daphna

Ninja of light
You have and need to get something done, or simple want to, but you don't feel like doing it "right now".

Not like procrastination, you just don't have it in you to do anything at the moment.

What will you normally do? Wait until later maybe? Motivate yourself with something, and if so, with what? Or you just force yourself to do it, and how does that works for you?
For me, it’s just getting through that first effort. Exercising I have to push past that first day. Chores, I have to push past that first feeling of laziness. If it needs to be done, just tell yourself to do it and then do it.

Innocent Forever

Still innocent!
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

Try force myself to do it. Thst means not thinking about it but just doing it. Sometimes I just won't do it. Depends what it is. Or I might tell others I'm doing it or call someone to help me. Or just do it however much I can't get myself to. The overthinking is something else that prevents just doing it.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00