What do you do when you need more?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HomerSimpson, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

I have only three people in my life that care about me and these are family members. What do you do when this is not enough. I have become so dead within myself that when they see I get so depressed and they tell me they love me it just does not matter to me. I just cannot make myself care. What do you do when you want more that a few family members to care about you? Does anyone understand what I am trying to say? Even though they are there I am still so alone with nobody. The past couple weeks have been the worst of my life. When you wake up everyday, and I do mean everyday feeling so alone with nobody how can you make yourself go on. Why would you even want to, because it is just so much pain. I know I am getting closer to the end, and I cannot wait.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think when you need more, you have to look within...when you find darkness and emptiness, you need to fill it, molecule by molecule with something worth having...J
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know what you are talking about because I don't beleive I will ever make friends. I have met a couple of people on the forum who seem like they like me. I have opened up and have been posting- getting all that emotion out and started communicating which I haven't done in years. I also know about wanting it all to end!! You need to learn coping skills from a therapist. they help some then you add positive self talk, then you add your meds to it all and you should start feeling better about yourself.
    My therapist picked rightup on my two main problems 1) I don't care what happens to me. and 2) I have given up on life. I told you she is pretty smart. She gets mad at me because I don't retain the different things she has given me. I just can't retain what I have read and I have a short memory. I think that is a side affect to my meds. I don't tell my shrink about that because he will change my meds. I have already tried pretty much everything they have thrown my direction. The meds I am on now half ass work. That is better than not at all.
    Do me a favor hang tuff and get yourself some help. You can't do it all by yourself. Therapists help alot. Well take care...Stay Safe and Stay Strong...:chopper:
  4. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

If I could afford a therapist I would have problem already went to one. All I know is I am going through the roughest time in my entire life and I am 34.
  5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

sounds as if you are feeling very lonely right now. i know how that is. last year i was more lonely than i'd ever been in my life. i moved countries, and i felt like my old friends had all forgotten about me. i moved to be nearer to family, but they didn't want to spend much time with me. it was a terrible time.

a few things helped - i started meeting up with some people i met online on a photography website. they have become good friends, in person friends, although we started out just hanging out on an online forum much like this. the second thing i did was take a yoga/breathing class. we continue to meet weekly even though the class has ended. this gave me another group of people to hang out with.

neither of these ways of meeting people cost me anything, which is good as $$ is tight. but meeting these people has really helped me get over the loneliness i felt on moving here.

another way to meet people, if you don't have any hobbies (like photography) in common, is to join a support group. here there are depression support groups, and ones for people who are bipolar, schizophrenia and other disorders. you might find some nice people there, people with common interests and who are also looking for friendship and support.

finally, i have recommended this article on loneliness to others - perhaps it will help?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.