What do you do when your feeling like giving up?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Christianv2, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Just curious on what you all do when you feel like giving up, and committing suicide that makes you reconsider or feel better..

I'd like to feel a little better.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think about what the effect would be on my children and how I would be compromising their safety. If and when I am able to complete what I know is inevitable, my children could be faced with some of the same things that put me in the position I am in now. I do not want to be responsible for their deaths. I wish for them to have long, happy lives. This is what gives me strength to hold on for just one more day. Soon these days will add up to be enough and I know they will be safe. Then I will be free.

3. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

drink, smoke, maybe try and fuck a girl (or guy who cares?). Mostly when I'm really down i like to rip and tear apart everything that I love in this life. It would make dying so much easier once everyone realizeds how much better off the world is.

4. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Oh my god :blink:.... YAK!!

5. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

When I feel like giving up, I give up. It makes my suicide intentions even stronger. I feel like that these 4 days. Why the hell I cant do anything , why I just CANT do it and end all of this.

6. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Im thinking about going through with it.

7. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I think about the people I am leaving behind.... It hurts me so much to think that I am going to hurt them when I'm gone.

I'll wait for them to leave.
    When everyone I love is gone, It wont be hard for me to say goodbye.

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Come here

9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i call the suicide hotline. i've called 'em so often in the last 3 months i'm on a first name basis with one of the staff there. after talking honestly for a while, about my feelings, and my options, i always feel better when i get off the phone.

10. sui caedere

sui caedere Well-Known Member

Me i just give up or try too.
    I spent many hours in hospital talking to doctors who just send me home after i have been patched up again.

i think the wost one was when the hospital was full i spent 36 hours in a police cell with the door wide open and a police officer sitting outside to make sure i did not do anything.

one doctor told the police i was not to be left alone and was a big risk but at the time no hospital beds were free.

in the end i spoke to a new doctor who told the police yes i was a risk but due to lack of beds it be better for me to be home then to be sent to away.

I even told the doctor that i kill myself if i was to go home and the doctor just told me nothing he can do for me and if i still felt the same in a few weeks to come back.

11. PaintedCanvas

PaintedCanvas Active Member

I don'y FEEL like giving up, I AM giving up. I'm calmly collecting XXXXXXXXXXXX that's guaranteed to work if you take it properly. One more ingredient to get and it's already on its way.:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2008
  12. askforitsilly

askforitsilly New Member

i call someone, that i know i care about, and i ask them what they would do if i ever died. i cry a lot after i hear their answer just cause i feel so much better and it stops me from doing anything drastic.

13. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know what you mean. I haven't been denied a bed on the physc ward, but I have been rushed thru so they can have a bed available for someone else. Once you tell them yes I have suicidal thoughts but I am not acting on them right now. They list you as stable and send you on your way.
    I have gotten to the point that I don't say anything because no one wants to hear it. They just think oh he's doing so good right now. If they only knew what was actually going thru my mind. Good luck,:chopper:

14. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I agree Stranger1, they ask if you are suicidal & you say yes, they ask if you have a plan & you say yes. Then they ask if you know when you are going to attempt it, if you can't give a definite answer then they send you on your way. I don't tell them anything now, there's no point, they only hear what they want. I had a friend who was suicidal, he went to the local police station to ask for help, they gave him the number for Samaritans & sent him home. I don't know if it's true or not, I'd like to think it isn't.

To answer the original post though, when I feel like giving up I usually do. I'm just not strong enough to do otherwise.

15. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

sleep. stay in bed a lot where it's warm. comfort myself as best as i can on myself. go very slowly and just do nothing (try and eat properly and make my meals as best as i can) and wait.
    that's just now though. i'm much better now than in the past...

16. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I call a friend and say, I need a hugs, or something like that, and I get what I need to make it through...J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.