What do you do when your feelings

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by twc, Jan 29, 2010.

1. twc

twc Well-Known Member

are drifting away?

I can't feel much anymore except sadness. Every now and then I'll have a brief wisp of feeling and I'll try to hold onto it all day. I can't live like this for much longer, it's too inhuman.

What do you do to feel more? I don't cut myself, I have other habits. Nothing works. My feelings are melting away like snow on a south-facing hill in the spring.

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Two things have given me the feeling you describe....coke and depression. One, gave up the blow years ago and I get drug tested at work so that is a no brainer. Two, I take meds, Prozac and Abilify, to combat the depression.

Have you considered going to your doctor about how you feel? Or rather don't feel?

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Depressions sucks the life right out of you You need help i finally gave in and went on medication and it does give you some life back some emotion give it a try at least you can say you tried.

4. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Maybe you have nothing to really feel for.

5. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Thanks to those who replied...I don't do coke, I have seen many doctors, I have been on and off meds for years. I started to lose feeling like this while I was on meds, I am off them now. Sure, I could go back on them. I don't think that this is the answer...

TWF-- it could be...I used to feel so much though.

It's strange, I remember certain days when emotions were slipping away by the minute...it's hard to explain...

6. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Wow sounds like they were the wrong meds perhaps? Dont give up hope I didn't think I could feel again but you do.

I sure hope you didn't think I presumed you to do drugs..you just mentioned other forms of self harm so thought maybe drugs as was the case for me.

How are you today? Anything?

7. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bambi... I think I definitely took the "wrong meds" but the question is whether there are the "right meds" (I've taken a lot) or whether the problem is meds at all.

I'm having more and more bad dreams, sad dreams, and waking up with despair. It's not a good way to start the day.

Human beings can only take so much disconnection and isolation, our bodies start to become distressed.

8. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth! Sometimes I feel as if I die a little more each day and fight the urge to isolate further thus perpetuating the cycle. I am glad you are posting as that is you fighting inside, or so I believe.

You can PM me if you would like, I am struggling to fall back into my hole these days so maybe we can keep each other out of total isolation.

Keep trying the meds, my combo of Prozac and Ablilify, saved me and I have a pretty good life with manageable depression thus far.

Hugs Bambi