what do you do

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by endlessskies58, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endlessskies58

endlessskies58 Well-Known Member

what do you do when you just simply don't care to exist.

you don't have the need to commit suicide nor have the real desire to.

and death isn't a form of solace from pain or misery.

but you just don't care to exist.

i just feel so tired.

i'm tired of fixing things.

i'm tired of expelling energy.

i'm tired of life.

i don't care to go to heaven or hell. nor do i even care if i go nowhere.

i just wish i was nothing and nowhere now.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'm usually pretty good at giving advice...but I have to admit, I hope someone can answer this in some way because this is about the way I feel right now.

3. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

Sorry, I also can't offer much in the way of advice, because I to feel very similar to this. I would love to just cease to exist... not cause anyone any pain... but cease to FEEL anything myself... cease to BE!

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

For me, when I wanted to disappear it was because I felt I did not have a purpose here and was not being heard...if this is true for you, find something to do that will give you a moment's worth of purpose and build from there...small steps...you will not cure cancer this year in all probability, but you can find someone that is valued by you...also, here there are many ppl who have felt or are feeling this way...talk to them and maybe both of you will have a voice...big hugs, J

5. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

I agree with the above post although i often feel the same way.

You have to find something you're passionate about but i know thats hard to do when you're not passionate about finding something. What gives you the most happiness? Even if its the simple act of eating something when you're hungry...try cooking something you've never attempted to cook before. You might be surprised how rewarding that feels.

I often wonder if people were so indifferent 300 years ago, 100 years, or even 20 years ago. I'm interested to find out if i would be as indifferent to life and everything in it 300 years ago as i am today. My only guess is, with the advent of all this technology, all this information, I probably wouldnt be. I wonder how much more there is for us to do and why? Have we lost the real purpose of life in the attempt to make it more comfortable? Is life just too easy and care free?

To me it often feels like this world is just too small for not only our growing population, but our technology, our economy...more importantly our desire to have purpose in life. More efficient space exploration would bring about a new age of desire i think..maybe even hope.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
  6. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

:sorry: i wish there was somthing i could say, or do. emptyness seems like a dilllusion, but i know its there, somwhere.

7. endlessskies58

endlessskies58 Well-Known Member

thank you all so much for your responses. <3

i am actually very passionate about my career goals. my art keeps me going.

its funny, because i can be an incredibly motivational person to others and yet i am very sad inside though i don't know why.

i just feel apathy at its most right now. a numb feeling that compares to nothing else. i don't even feel very sad. tired is the best way to describe it.

but just knowing others understand this feeling helps because a connection outside of this numbness to anyone makes it go away in the slightest.

thank you <3

8. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

I too am extremely tired... but sad too. And also, at the same time, I feel this need to want to help others, even though I don't feel as though I could be helped myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.