What do you do....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by brokenandlonely, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

When everything that I see around me is a mess, when I've lost enjoyment in the things that I once enjoyed, where the one positive that was going for me is slowly slipping away. What does one hold on to? I guess this is just a post on wondering what one does when nothing seems to be going right and there's not much else to turn to. When one is "useless and doesn't serve a purpose in life, what do they do to change that. How do they make that difference or change for the positive? When all hope is lost, what does one turn to? I guess this is more just my thoughts that I wanted to vent out.
  2. iitywygmah

iitywygmah Member

Throw a tantrum; I just told another member of SF that is what I do.

I give myself, a few minutes to scream, rant, rage, feel sorry for myself, and just fall apart.

I need it to get all those feelings out of the way to help me think clearly.

Yes, there are some times I will just wallow in the self pity, and it can go for days before I straighten up and remedy the situation to my best ability.

As adults we still need time outs, afternoon naps, and some inanimate object that we can beat the crap out of with a fireplace poker. Just the other day I took a wooden chair and beat it against a garbage dumpster outside of work. Then went back to work to take care of the problem. Better I took it out on the dumpster and not the employee.

This may not be everyone’s cup of Joe, but it works for me

3. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response. I think maybe that is what I need to do. I just feel the emotional restlessness if that is a term or an easy way to describe it. I really do try to hold on to the positive things(which aren't all that many) and not let it go but my thoughts are forcefully convincing otherwise that there's really nothing left. Maybe I do need a time out as you have mentioned. I know that I need better coping mechanisms to get through the day by day. I just look at my everyday as another one that I need to get through.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.