What do you do?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Ryan1976, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan1976

Ryan1976 New Member

New here, hope this will help me, as it really is a last resort for me.

I have only recently been diagnosed with bipolar, but have had it for many years. Before being diagnosed, back in September i packed in my job because i couldn't cope. 3 weeks ago, my fiance and partner of 10 years left me as she couldn't cope with my constant mood swings.

I have never planned my own death until now, i have lost everything. My job, kids, house, sanity and the most beautiful woman a man could ever wish for.

I have never been so low in all of my life, and the pain is too much. Everyday i wait until night time so that i can sleep, but then wake up to go through another day worse than the previous.

The pain is unbearable, i feel i have already lost my life.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to SF.

I'm sorry for what you're going through. I hope you'll find support and friendship here.

Did they offer you any treatment options when you were diagnosed with bipolar?

3. Ryan1976

Ryan1976 New Member

Prozak, has made me worse. I was only diagnosed after i got into trouble with the police, so it looks like i will be going to prison on Monday too! gets better eh!

I really have nothing left, and it looks like i will be loosing my freedom now as well.

4. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum. If your bi-polar you should have been put on a mood stabilizer like zyprexa, not a anti depressant like prozak. Have you told your doctor its not working for you?

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums... My doctor put me on Lamitcal for my mood swings..Talk to your pdoc andsee if he will change your meds.. You should also try and get a letter from him saying your bipolar and what other syptoms you have..That way you can give it to the judge.. It may sway his judgement..Especially when he sees you are trying to get help..

6. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

ya i have problems with work and dealing with my depression aswell
    ive lost my 6 yr gf to mood swings and dealing with her always ditching me i finally just kicked her out was sick of her sleeping elsewhere

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you finally got a diagnosis and can begin to treat the problem. It does take time. Hopefully you can make a fresh start and get some of the things back you lost because of the illness. :hug:

8. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say welcome and im here if you ever want to chat.Hope you find what you need here big *hugs* xox

9. Ryan1976

Ryan1976 New Member

Bk, can i just say, wtf do they just dish out prozak in the UK for? They may work for some people but you should be under constant supervision when u r first administered them. They v nearly killed me. Was in hospital last fri as i was allergic to them, and i was so so close to..... you know.

Went bk to docs, they gave me Zolpidem (Ambien) for short term, 30ml, no effect. Now on 20ml diazepam and 600 ml Seroquel (quetiapine).

Feeling bit better now, just thought id better check in and let u know that im still here.

Advice to n e one reading my posts before, there is another way, just try to dig deep and find the strength. You will make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.