What do you do?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Butterfly, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

What do you do when you are so fed up that you cannot function properly? What do you do when you are so numb you can't feel any emotion at all? What do you do when you know you are hurting everybody around you?
    What do you do when you are so tired but can't sleep?
  2. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

I get up, turn the radio way up on some hate music (I like eminen) and dance or clean the house, I try and get that energy out and nothing but physical helps me when I get like this.

Hugs hope tomorrow is better to you.
  3. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

yep i put the headphones on and blast the thoughts out of my head
    i have a good cry
    i hide under covers
    i come to sf and let it all out

sorry your feeling bad lexi (((hugs)))
  4. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

i sit up on sf all day feeling sorry for myself. hope you feel better too
  5. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

like others, i hide under duvet, drink, self harm or depending how long it lasts have a cleaning frenzy if i am restless too or lurk around SF.

i have always wondered what is worse..the numbness/feeling no emotion, or actually feeling emotions... the docs cant answer that one.

hope you feel better soon :hug:
  6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

That feeling of nothingness, empytiness is scary to me because it seems like I shut down to robot zombie and NOTHING matters.

I would rather feel something to know that Im still alive.
  7. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

i agree doityourself but i have days where i wish for the numbness, its a scary feeling, can be both helpful and destructive at same time.

like you butterfly my sleep is erratic and i have given up trying to fight it, and now i have days where i just crash out and sleep most of day and night
    just get your sleep when you can.

it horrible butterfly and i dont think there is an easy answer as we all have different reasons for how we feel and have different coping strategies.

all i can suggest is the therapy i am having as i have posted elsewhere, expose yourself to your demons everyday and stick with it for at least an hour, your anxiety will go through the roof (mine does) but as my therapist says it HAS to come down it cant stay high, you just have to stay at it and let it get high and wait till it drops...keep doing it and eventually the theory is it wont go through the roof and will be at a level you can handle better. ofc if you have several triggers you have to deal with one at a time. just make sure you are not alone when you do it to begin with, or talk to your therapist. :hug:

its horrible to hear your pain and i wish i could offer something more, but i can only pass on what my therapist is doing with me. early days and it has been v difficult but you will detach afterwards hopefully.