what do you dream of doing?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by GreyCat, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

When I'm feeling ok I have all these dreams of things I'd like to do one day(money and circumstance permitting ha ha). I thought it would be interesting to hear what is on other peoples bucket lists, so I'll start:

I would love to drive Route 66. I am only learning to drive at the moment but I really hope to go to America one day and drive across it.
  2. paul1990

paul1990 Active Member

I got some real and unreal dreams.

Those unreal is to be able to travel through the time and those (relatively) real is probably being financialy secured, because then you can have a great variety of options without the conclusion: "Oh wait, I can´t afford this."
  3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Most of my dreams involve love and romance. But since that's something I don't really have a lot of control over and may never happen for me... I would like to record music, be a professional writer, drive in an auto race, and go hiking/camping up in the Canadian wilderness and experience the Aurora Borealis.

I highly doubt I will ever do most of those things. The camping up in Canada one is probably the only one I have a shot of actually accomplishing, and chances are I would end up freezing to death in the process. Oh well, at least I would get to see something cool before I died. Assuming of course that I was lucky enough to be out there on a night when the Northern Lights were showing. I could always just get up there, get caught in a snowstorm where I can't see shit, and freeze to death in the middle of nowhere without accomplishing a damn thing.
  4. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

^I'd love to see Alaska/Northern Canada as well.

After my last experience, I've completely written off beaches/tropical places/diving for a while... I'd be totally up for some rugged terrain and real frontiers. I don't think you would freeze to death if you really prepared... and if you went in the summer. I don't think the snowstorms in the winter are as bad as they are in Antarctica, but I could be wrong.

Have you ever watched Ray Mears, Lonewolf? One thing I'd love to be able to do is take a course on bushcraft or surviving in the wilderness, and be able to comfortably go off for a few weeks into a place and work to keep myself alive, hunting and fishing and cooking my own food.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'd love to travel all over the world, to meet people in other countries that I've talked to for years, and experience different lifestyles and cultures along the way.
  6. champie

champie Well-Known Member

Wolf, I've been to Alaska on two occasions. The first time I worked on a "research" vessel that ran 7 and 10 day tours around the inland passages of Southeast Alaska. I spent a summer on that boat and it was the single greatest experience of my life. The second time I moved to Anchorage to escape my life (remembering the greatest experience of my life years earlier). I only lasted 4 months from Winter to Spring, so I missed the best part of the year up there. Let's just say I wish I had done it differently for many reasons. Nonetheless, it is an experience that I often reflect upon and I seem to find more value in it each time.

I've been thinking for a couple years that I would like to return and see if I can improve upon my last experience. Sense tells me to avoid the thought, but I really think I could do it better and really change my life if I had another shot.

Don't let go of the dream!
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

Most of mine involve being a certain person, with a certain 'look' who was confident, good socially and that could find that someone close that mean't so much to me, like some people talk about how their wives mean the world or so much to them :). Having a look I could enjoy and be proud of, have the chance to of taken all the missed oppurtunities I had.

Realistic dreams would be to drive a monster truck at least or maybe try stockcar racing 1 time.
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Traveling the world, spending time with good people and actually being able to enjoy life.
  9. TheLoneWolf

My main goal would actually be to see the Northern Lights, and as I understand it, you're more likely to see it on a crisp cool night... it was my understanding that the best time to see it would be during the colder months, not so much in the summer. But I could be wrong.

Nope, never heard of Ray Mears.
  10. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

^I think it's best in winter because it's darker most of the time, as opposed to summer where the sun only goes down slightly for about four hours and then comes back up at midnight.

I would also like to live up there for a while, champie… or maybe not that far north but definitely far away from people. Though I have spent most of the past few years in cities an gotten used to it, so maybe it would drive me nuts.

Maybe I'll just move to Manitoba.
  11. TheLoneWolf

I like the dark, so that would work for me. I think I'd go crazy if it was sunny all of the time. In fact, it would be alright with me if the sun disappeared entirely... only problem with that is that it would mean the end of all life on this planet.

I'll resist the urge to suggest that could be a good thing.
  12. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I would like to own my own house with a small yard and a garage to park my car. That's all.
  13. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

winning the megamillion lottery drewing with my $1 ticket adn going to porsche dealer and buying a turbo carrarra S and taking it with johnny out on I-5 for the great drive home.. not holding my breath on this one..lol
  14. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

Right now I just dream of getting through today without having a panic attack or crying.

Usually I make small dreams that give me a chance to watch them come true.

Overall my full dream is to move far far away
  15. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

I want to go to Japan.
    I want to have real friends.
    I want to make something of myself.
    I dont want to be alone.
  16. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Many things, but the most important for me are:
    -Being loved by her,
    -Doing just what makes me happy,
    -Having more friends.
    The third is at the same time the easier and the hardest.
  17. in heaven

in heaven Well-Known Member

realistic dream: a nice home with a cat and/or a small dog and a steady and good job. having the time and money to what i like to - drawing, designing, baking, sewing. generally a secure decent future. finding someone that loves me will be a great bonus.

wish dream: owning a successfully international clothing company or being a well known designer. doing what i love, achieving my childhood dream and living the life. having a great circle of friends and and being with the man of my dreams and having a family of our own.
  18. NiceGuYKC

NiceGuYKC Well-Known Member

Meeting someone that would fall in love with me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.