What Do You Guys Think About This Youtube Video?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Shogun, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

This video was posted on Youtube a little over a month ago and already it has 5.144,841 million views by the time I typed this sentence. I've never seen a video gain so much popularity in such a small period of time.

I warn you, it's ridiculously powerful. Just watch it and tell me what you think and tell me whether you've already seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

It's only 7 and a half minutes long.

2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Well most people dont think of reproduction as some sort of religious goal like the Muslims do.....

But I am shocked at these claims. Also Christianity and Catholicism can't always be the top religions. Times change and cultures change. The world will change.

Heh but with the Mexicans, Catholicism wont go down without a fight. Not saying I am catholic or support religious wars but they wont just let things change. Also you have to take into account all the other religions like Buddhism and Hinduism.... these two religions have been around for a very long time and wont just disappear.

I think this video in simple terms is just a way to scare Christians into having children.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
  3. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

Pretty alarmist in my opinion. Is this the churchs way of gaining followers?

Join US so we can be against THEM.....

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

More kids are just what this planet needs, just to maintain an artificial religion balance! ...in a world where religion is becoming obsolete.

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Fear not! The Chinese would have no problem in reversing their current fertility rate of about 1, and even if they didn't would last a long, long time with over a billion currently.

Also, one should check out the theories of Robert Malthus, easily accessible on Wikipedia regarding the abillity of a population to be sustained based on diminishing food sources, disease, etc...which will be a problem for heavy muslim populations in the mid-east and Africa.

Also, I believe in the 'Darwinian Theory' of survival of the fittest,,,not survival of the mostest (mangling of English language intentional for effect).

I do not see the larger population of anchovies taking down any Great White Sharks any time soon. (no racism intended here, just a simple analogy)

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

How long do you think they'll stay anchovies? How long do you think we'll stay great white sharks? Technology, and with it, power, moves in leaps and bounds, and can change the whole world very, very quickly.

7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Unfortunately, I think this is leading to a kill or be killed finality, unless their is a major shift in perception or a very rapid rise in intelligence, past the point of submitting to violence as the answer. No race, ethnicity, or religion is going to take being subjugated or wiped out lying down.

Maybe I'm an optimist in some way (obviously not in another as I'm here at SF), but the only answer based on the video is mutual destruction, which is of course possible.

8. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I hadn't seen this video.

I would say the video is alarmist, but that's not to say it doesn't raise incredibly important issues. What I would ask is
    Why is the fertility rate falling (and been falling for the past fifty odd years) in the Western world? (BTW, the UN admit it's falling)
    What role has culture played in the falling numbers of births? For instance, after the 50's, the pill came along and with the free love hippie music for the young, it was an orgiastic sex fest without the traditional consequences of babies & raising them in a stable loving family environment. You didn't listen to your parents because they were 'old' and 'not cool', therefore respect for parents and the family unit was eroded, and the old social barometer - Christian religion - went down the toilet pan with that.

Did any of the Western countries people have a say in immigration ie a vote? No. It was foisted upon them, and anyone who protested too much was labelled racist, or worse still politically incorrect. PC is the worst kind of intellectual terrorism.
    Think about it. It's been well known for eons that if you put lots of different races and cultures together, there will be all kinds of suffering & unrest. Right or wrong, it's not racist, that's just the way it is. Culture has been diluted.

I've noticed a lot of white girls having babies by foreign fellas these days. That's a new normal. So will Prince William or Prince Harry ever marry a black/Muslim/Hindu etc woman? No. Will any of Tony Blairs children marry one? No. I rest my case.

Good thread.

Quote: Biohomicide: I think this video in simple terms is just a way to scare Christians into having children.
    LOL, works for me - all I need is an attractive white Christian woman and bombs away!:tongue:

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Not true, at all. Indeed, I would say that your commentary is racist... Seems rather typically European, really.

I am living in Toronto at the moment. About half of the population is foreign born.

I love this city. It works just fine in Canada, where we aren't racists, and we're just fine with marrying blacks, Asians, Indians, etc. [but not Muslims, they don't like marrying outside of the faith, unfortunately :( ]

10. shades

shades Staff Alumni

TO AOEU: What do you think the final outcome will be? Do you think the muslims will rise up in arms, or simply take over political power? How do you see this playing out?

11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I think it's a ridiculous idea that there's a set group of Muslims. A lot are moving to other countries and having children there. A child raised in Europe will be mostly secular, IMHO. You can't help it living in a strictly secular society.

Turkey is trying to join the EU - and they're changing the country to a mostly-secular society... I think that's going to be the most accurate model for future Muslim groups. They'll retain Islam in the same sense as "Sunday Christians"... 6 days of the week they're atheist, and the 7th they pray.

And I don't think the Muslims will retain their high birth rate for long. High birth rates are features of agricultural societies... and they're industrialising.

The largest powers in the world aren't run by a single religion. China is atheist. India is very diverse. Europe is strictly secular. The USA is probably the most religious of current powers, but that won't last much longer.

I think religion is quickly becoming outmoded. And I think restrictive immigration policies were rightfully done away with long, long ago. Mixing of cultures produces a wonderful world.

Oh. And for you Brits opposing immigration: the natives there were displaced by Romans, and then Vikings, and then Normans. You're an old-school melting pot, and that's what makes you British.

12. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

I agree with this. As an american what i can see changing is certain kids say "one nation under god" and certain kids say "one nation under allah" ...the argument really is just semantics. Maybe we'll get a couple muslims knocking door to door trying to convert. I really dont see the muslim religion as a threat. Sure there are radicals just as there are radicals in the christian community but it is highly dependant on where and how you grew up, and i dont think a western society would be a good incubator.

Religion is quickly becoming a non issue with the current young generations here in america. I think its more just a personal thing and regardless of your beliefs no one really wants to get on your back about it. Maybe a friendly discussion or debate but it ends there. From what ive read this is part of the argument of the muslim world taking over the western world. The "hippy living liberals" are complacent and indifferent. But i think regardless of which religion is dominant as far as believers, a "call to arms" type of mentality is the only mentality that is going to create violence...not a mentality of "live and let live".

And like stated above the muslim world is industrializing. Take a look at Dubai.

This video is so alarmist it would be comical if people didnt take it seriously. Everything from the music to the narrators voice.

13. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

No offense, but you don't know much about Muslim people.

Having lived in London my entire life, I know a hell of a lot about Muslims as people. I've had friends who are Muslims, people I play sports with, even an ex girlfriend who was Muslim who used to see me on the down-low or risk being murdered by her family in what's called an "honour killing."

She tried to convert me to Islam while we were together so she could get out of her upcoming arranged marriage and marry me instead.

There's a hell of a lot of ignorance regarding Islam as Muslim people tend to stay within the confines of their own communities, quietly procreating and destroying societies from the inside out. Like a cockroach infestation. So people don't notice until it's too late.

I also know a lot about Turkish people too and they're not nearly as fundamental as say Iran, Iraq and Pakistan. If you're using Turks as any kinda yardstick to measure the average Muslim family, I'm sorry you're making that mental error.

I'm willing to bet that London houses more Muslims than the entire country of Canada combined. And what you said earlier about Mike's opinion being "racist" and "typically European" (which is a major contradiction by the way) is said out of ignorance. You should spend a week in London and actually speak to some Muslims face to face if you need a serious reality check. In their holy book The Quran they speak of one day living in a one world Muslim nation. Their whole goal is global domination and once they gain power (which judging by that video is a lot sooner than I expected) the few remaining white people won't have a choice but to convert. The punishments for non-believers in the Middle East are barbaric.... that could be your great grandsons or grandaughters.

14. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yeah, no.

15. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I think its incredibly arrogant for Europeans and Americans to complain about the immigration of former colonial nations. If the French don't like the Muslim Algerians they shouldn't have economically exploited Algeria. If the British don't like the influx of Indians, they shouldn't have colonized India. One Christian is just as bad as one Muslim. Some are better, some are worse.

The most important thing is to have a constitution that ensures everyone is treated equally. Will France and England culturally change? Of course they will, but that's what happens. I think it's silly when people go to Paris because that's where the Left Bank Expatriate movement was after the first World War. Move on... The left bank bohemian culture won't be found in Paris, hell probably not France. Go find the culture that you like in the present. Things change.

16. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I didn't colonize anyone. :confused:

17. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

But if the government that is still prospering has a history of abusing others than it's in the wrong. If you live in the US or Western Europe then you're living off the fruits of slavery and imperialism. One example: My mother's maternal side of the family comes from a mixed heritage in the South that started when a slave owner raped his 13 year old slave. That plantation is still around and is now a bed and breakfast. :blink:

That's what America and Western Europe is like, a plantation that no longer has slaves but whose existence depended on them.

18. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

You have what they call "White Guilt."

Good luck with that, but I'll be damned if I feel guilty for what a bunch of people who happened to have white skin did to a bunch of people who happened to have black skin hundreds of years before I was even born.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with the information in the video. I understand the government has a history of abusing others, but we, the public, had nothing to do with that and I'm not going to feel bad about something I had no say in, in the first place.

People who were displaced by our governments are not the only victims here.

19. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

Ha! I tell you, as someone who's been looking at immigration policies for England, the US, and Australia over the past three months, they are ridiculous. Especially America.

20. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Actually, I have noticed that. But it's much, much better than before...

For instance, in Australia, they used to be able to test your language skills, written and oral, in any European language. One fellow was fluent in 27 languages before they found a dead language he couldn't speak.

[This is more trivia... But these immigration policies now in place are IMO reasonable.. Mostly having a job, education, skill in ONE language, money to live, and preferably friends in the country]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.