What do you imagine might make life worth living

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by bluebird002, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluebird002

bluebird002 Active Member

What specific things do you imagine might make life worth living for you. Even if they don't make you happy or universally 'solve' things.

obviously, there are vague and general things, such as 'be happy' or 'not be depressed' but I'm interested to know what things you might actively focus on that is causing you suffering to the point of being suicidal.

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

For me I don't think there's anything.

Sure there are aspects of my life that I could change but I know at the end of the day it won't change who I am or how I feel. I would be making change for the sake of change.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Girlfriend... but I don't think that's a fair burden to put on anyone. So I'll try not to.

4. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

A return to good physical health. More company around me irl.

5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

If I had purpose in my life I suppose. I can only look at my life and position in the world and think that I have no reason to exist.

6. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Everything comes and goes, so really I don't know.

7. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Ugh, I got a couple.

Better eating habits. (i only eat once a day)
    No mental illness.

Those are the main two. Getting out of the house would be nice, but whatever. The first two gotta go.

8. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

thinking too much. trying to predict the future. Fear. all the negative things that an over-active mind can think of. Once it starts, it's very hard to arrest. Pretty SOP.

9. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

having people around you. people that care about you and that you care about
    that's all you need. love, of any kind. maybe not even from people... pets can be a comfort at hard times and can get you through difficult things in life.
    lack of attachment is one of the biggest causes of depression.

10. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

if i could go back a year and get my health back, at least go back 8 months and get my testosterone back

11. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

A nice lottery win....any amount upwards of £200k....thank you very much. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
  12. cuidado

cuidado Member

I'd love to have someone who really knew me well and gave a damn about me. The only problem is that no sane person would one to accept all the unhappiness/ instability that I'd bring to a relationship.

But the thing is, it's not just external factors -- like the lack of people in my life, or my crappy job. Much of it is just unhappiness with myself. I don't know that this is something that will ever change.

13. intothewild

intothewild Member

Girlfriend, some confidence in myself and motivation to improve things for myself.

Actually, now what would help a lot is if I could overcome this condition that I've just found out I have. :sad:

14. I would have to repeat what Aaron said and say that the one thing that would make this life tolerable at the moment would be money. big heaping piles of it.

15. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Love. Someone sitting across from me at the supper table, someone beside me at a movie or just watching T.V., someone to hold hands with on a walk, or to cuddle with under a blanket on a cold Minnesota night. They say the little things mean alot but those are only little to the people who take them for granted. To me they would be huge, if I could ever have them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
  16. danz

danz Well-Known Member

If I was 10 again.

17. endlessskies58

endlessskies58 Well-Known Member

to find a purpose to my life and be something more than just the young girl i am... to make an impact in some way... i also sometimes wish i didn't think so much but i won't lie that i like it sometimes because it makes me more unique

18. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Well material items don't mean squat to me!!
    How about love, understanding, and trust...
    And to not have this damned chemical imbalance!!!

19. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

im with stranger1 on this one! absolutly 100%

20. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

...stranger1 and crookxshanks are spot on.

real love
    real friends
    authentic relationships
    nothing else matters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.