What do you LIKE about your appearance?

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Been reading some threads here, and though it seems to express itself differently in every person, I also know what it feels like to not like the way I look. Kinda sucks. But I also figure that for most, you have to have at least one physical feature that you like. So here’s a place to remind yourself of that. Don’t be modest, tell us what it is.

One rule: any and all negative comments about yourself are strictly forbidden, and will earn you a stern look of disapproval.
I think I may like my eyes.

Leesa

My therapist had me do this exercise where I focused on something positive but it went all wrong. The more I thought about things I was okay with, the more I noticed what was wrong. For instance, i liked my eyes and then suddenly I needed glasses. I was fine with my nose and then noticed how much I hate my skin around my nose. So, I dare not start down this path.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
My therapist had me do this exercise where I focused on something positive but it went all wrong. The more I thought about things I was okay with, the more I noticed what was wrong. For instance, i liked my eyes and then suddenly I needed glasses. I was fine with my nose and then noticed how much I hate my skin around my nose. So, I dare not start down this path.
Your eyes and nose didn't change because of that though ;) Glasses can make your eyes even prettier, and the skin around one's nose is always pretty shite, you really shouldn't worry about that, we all have that. There is nothing "wrong" to notice.

Leesa

Your eyes and nose didn't change because of that though ;) Glasses can make your eyes even prettier, and the skin around one's nose is always pretty shite, you really shouldn't worry about that, we all have that. There is nothing "wrong" to notice.
Glasses are awful. I got progressives and have never had glasses. They're fine for work but I can't do daily activities with them. I get dizzy and they leave a mark on my nose.
They suck. I want to try contacts but that is more money. Sorry. I'm particularly negative today.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Glasses are awful. I got progressives and have never had glasses. They're fine for work but I can't do daily activities with them. I get dizzy and they leave a mark on my nose.
They suck. I want to try contacts but that is more money. Sorry. I'm particularly negative today.
Have you had them for a long time? Progressive glasses are a pain in the ***, I don't recommend them. I think you can change to regular ones, can't you?
The mark is a really small thing, no one notices, and it goes away after a minute, don't worry about it. I think if you find a pair that you love and that suits you well, you can get used to them and like wearing them :) And no worries, all moods are allowed on SF.

Leesa

Had them since January, so plenty of time to adjust. I liked the color of my hair and within the past year, greys have been sprouting up and hair color doesn't last. Professional is expensive. So, again, something I said ok about and it changed. Most people have always thought me to be 10-15 years younger than I am. I just turned 50 and I feel like I've expired. No more chances to improve as nature has suddenly taken over. I hate myself and I would certainly notice lines in trifocals.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Had them since January, so plenty of time to adjust. I liked the color of my hair and within the past year, greys have been sprouting up and hair color doesn't last. Professional is expensive. So, again, something I said ok about and it changed. Most people have always thought me to be 10-15 years younger than I am. I just turned 50 and I feel like I've expired. No more chances to improve as nature has suddenly taken over. I hate myself and I would certainly notice lines in trifocals.
Turning 50 is really not any different than any other day. You haven't expired, sweetie, don't say that. You can still do plenty of things, that number really means nothing. Your age is inside you. There are also some pretty cheap sprays now for blonds and brunettes that you can spray on your roots between shampoos, it works pretty well to cover grey roots. I don't get why people think aging signs are "ugly", I find them natural and just a part of life. Everyone has them at some point, they're just there. I think you could learn to love yourself the way you are, that is beautiful, social standards are random and don't say anything about you.

Leesa

Turning 50 is really not any different than any other day. You haven't expired, sweetie, don't say that. You can still do plenty of things, that number really means nothing. Your age is inside you. There are also some pretty cheap sprays now for blonds and brunettes that you can spray on your roots between shampoos, it works pretty well to cover grey roots. I don't get why people think aging signs are "ugly", I find them natural and just a part of life. Everyone has them at some point, they're just there. I think you could learn to love yourself the way you are, that is beautiful, social standards are random and don't say anything about you.
It's been huge for me. People always used to tell me I was ugly. Now people look at my old pictures and say I WAS pretty, so where were those people then?! When I look at an old picture and feel I look decent I feel like I'm looking at a stranger. I won't even take pictures anymore. That's a trigger for me and can put me in a very dark place.

And I fear my future financial stability and who will look out for me in 20 years. I didn't have anyone 20 year ago, don't have anyone now and don't anticipate any change. I've been going to therapy on and off for 28 years. I have tried. The best of me is gone.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00