What do you LIKE about your appearance?

BarryW

SF Supporter
I like that some of my hair is grey. I feel that choosing to not dye it lets others know I have accepted my mortality, and I don't mind reminding them of theirs. Also it helps me look older, which is good because people always think I am younger than I am. And people will definitely treat you differently based on how old they think you are.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I like that some of my hair is grey. I feel that choosing to not dye it lets others know I have accepted my mortality, and I don't mind reminding them of theirs. Also it helps me look older, which is good because people always think I am younger than I am. And people will definitely treat you differently based on how old they think you are.
I think men look better the older they get. I have a real thing for grey flecks 😂. Very distinguished.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I am a bit more comfortable with myself of late having lost a lot of weight although I am told too much by some people. So I guess strangely I like my shoulders and my hair. Still not a grey hair in sight and still naturally blonde. My mum is in her 80’s and only a few grey hairs so I’m likely to follow the same pattern and still be blonde in my 80’s. Will that look weird though? Perhaps I’ll have to dye it grey if I ever get that old.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Been reading some threads here, and though it seems to express itself differently in every person, I also know what it feels like to not like the way I look. Kinda sucks. But I also figure that for most, you have to have at least one physical feature that you like. So here’s a place to remind yourself of that. Don’t be modest, tell us what it is.

One rule: any and all negative comments about yourself are strictly forbidden, and will earn you a stern look of disapproval.
People claim I have paler (whiter) and smooth skin compared to them. That's it, I guess.

Catch_22

This is so hard. I ruined the only three features I liked. I am still okay with my eyes, I always liked them though they are sad and hardened and blurry now, bit if trauma heals I know I will recognize myself again. I like my feet. They are cute and always looked nice in sandals. They are really active feet and contend with my hands for use of picking things up. They allow me to walk long distances and dance and are a point of consistency for me in a body that's always changing. I also like my freckles and always have.

Wayne24

Always been an active gym rat and was generally happy with my physical build, but suffered a serious injury and rapidly put on around 90 lbs last summer. I've lost it all and returned to where I was pre injury yet I'm not satisfied. Not sure why. Imagine my mental state is playing tricks on my own perception of myself. Even the gym doesn't seem to give me that release these days.

I was chubby as a kid, lost weight in my mid-teens, and now in my late 20s I've become slightly overweight again due to stress eating.

It's been an interesting experience. As a kid, I absolutely despised feeling trapped in my fat body and being teased for it. I welcomed the unintentional weight loss in my teens with open arms. But in college, I couldn't help but think that I looked a little lanky.

Now that I'm overweight again in my late 20s, I honestly don't care that much? If anything, having a fuller appearance has removed my anxieties about looking "lanky" and "like a teenager". If anything, I think I'm taken slightly more seriously now that I'm bigger.

Posting this because I have enough on my plate, and I'm grateful that I at least have managed body image issues relatively well.

Astrid78

that's what he thinks
My eyes, mainly because I've always gotten compliments on them being "big and brown"
I like my face in general as it's very expressive and relays how I feel quite well, which is great, cause my mouth is not so good at that lol.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00