What do you LIKE about your appearance?

BlueKoala

There’s a lot I don’t like about myself, and it’s weird because some days I actually like the things that I usually don’t like. Idk…it’s weird lol.
For example, most of the time, I despise that I’m short-ish (I’m around 4”11). However, some days I think “hey, I can get cheaper clothes from the junior’s section!” and then I’m extremely grateful that I have a short torso.
One thing that I always liked about myself is my hair. It’s really cute, especially right after I wash and dry it. :D (It feels so weird to compliment myself lol)

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
nothing truthfully all my life I have had issues with what I look like I have inherited my dads hair so it grows really fast and gets real thick always wore glasses which I was insulted about at school all the time and I have never considered myself good looking I was always the ugly guy that girls got on really well with but never considered for anything more while they kept coming to me to cry when there shit for brains boyfriends cheat or worse on them

now my issues have just made it worse I just wish I knew which is the real me the guy I see in the mirror which people have told me is not the what you really look like the guy in pictures or the me in live video

Livelife

SF Supporter
I was ok with how I looked most of the time once I entered into mid teens. I have eyes that change color from blue to green depending on mood, it's what I got complimented on most of the time along with long auburn and red really curly hair which is now only past shoulder length, thinned and a little wavy, age took it. And I used to have pretty skin which is changing some from aging. I had a friend who used to wear long sleeves, hat, and use an umbrella when outside, we used to give her a bit of a time about it but at 60 she looks 35 so there ya go. I still have my shape so right now that's about it.

Last edited:
Im going to try and be positive about myself for once, so here goes....i like my eyes (been complimented on them a lot), lips, and nose, and im embracing my curly hair, its thick and the curls are becoming more defined as im learning how to take care of it... i like the color of my hair too and sometimes some facial expressions I make when im being silly or when im happy and smiling.i like the way my eyes shine when smiling... and embracing my childlike face lol. im going to keep repeating positive affirmations as my therapist told me in the past, to becoming a more confident person who will love myself :)

Last edited:

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Im going to try and be positive about myself for once, so here goes....i like my eyes (been complimented on them a lot), lips, and nose, and im embracing my curly hair, its thick and the curls are becoming more defined as im learning how to take care of it... i like the color of my hair too and sometimes some facial expressions I make when im being silly or when im happy and smiling.i like the way my eyes shine when smiling.... im going to keep repeating positive affirmations as my therapist told me in the past, to becoming a more confident person who will love myself :)
That is always good, to have positive thoughts about oneself.

I do like I have a tummy like a teddy bear. :)

This is something I've been thinking about since my partner's death, if I'm being honest. If you ask me years ago when we were still together up to a tear ago, I'd just say "Oh, I'm still attractive enough to my partner and that's all that matters to me". Part of it probably comes from low self-esteem and I only care for what my partner thinks and make me feel. While I still consistently do self-care, I stopped worrying too much about my physical appearance, or somewhat felt lack of appreciation about myself.

Fast-forward to the present, or at least, after her death. I feel like it is helping me to value myself more when I look at the positives and learn to appreciate how I look again.

When I was in high school and college, I used to be very particular in making myself look good on how my hair is styled, how I dress up, like I mean overall. I was too self-conscious. Then, like I said, over time and when I started to have stable relationships, I became less worried and conscious. It continued when I met my partner to the point nothing really mattered anymore.

So recently, I just realized I need to get that "feeling" back. Not too much though as I'm.not getting any younger but at least, learn to appreciate things about myself again. I'd start with people who looks at my photo almost always say that I look younger than my age. They say middle to late 20s or early 30s? Oh, I appreciate that a lot even if health-wise, I feel old. I remember my partner used to get compliments that she looks like on her early 20s or middle (she's just younger than me by 1 year) probably because of her small height and jolly/happy attitude towards others. I guess if you seen us 3 together along with my daughter, you'd probably mistaken her as our youngest sister.

Anyway, I remember my partner liking my arms and that's most likely her favorite part of me. She used to lay his face on one of them a lot. Our family friend, who cuts/trims my hair since I was in high school and who eventually took care/maintained my partner's hair over the years, loves my hair a lot. He's one of the best, known stylist here. I guess, I appreciate that my hair does not look like the usual hair of guys my age. It looks more like I'm in my teenage years or early 20s. I should thank him for that. He also likes saying I'm whiter than usual. My partner mentioned that to me too. I guess, my skin complexion is whiter than normal Filipinos. I'm not even Chinese (lots of Filipino-Chinese living here). I should also appreciate that I don't get bad acnes? I get pimples from time to time, but my face probably does some magic and I almost never get any scar from them. I should also feel good when people tell me that I have nice, expressive, brown eyes. I'd just say, my daughter looks at lot like me especially her eyes and people think she's cute and pretty (her mom/my partner has very beautiful, stunning eyes as well). Oh, I guess, that makes me proud. I uses to tease them both "Hey she got her looks from me. Mostly just me" lol. My partner almost always gives me that dagger kind of look.

One thing that has been a revelation to me though, is I didn't realize until the past months, that I have youthful, soft, and almost flawless legs and feet. I love the shape of them as well as my toes. I admit that I adore my partner's legs/feet. I used to compliment her a lot on them. It did came to a point that she did things to maintain them so they will always look and feel fresh. She got too conscious, I'd say. When she was in coma at the hospital, I used to massage her feet a lot. She is ticklish on those so I was also hoping I might wake her up doing that. Either way, I'm sure she liked it. With me though, I was just ignoring my mine over the years. I guess, I remember the time she liked massaging them or putting her feet between mine. Later on, I did not expect that I will appreciate them. It's a weird feeling, really, but positive nonetheless. Sometimes when I look through my phone while sitting or laying in bed, I can't help staring at them a bit and say "Oh, C, you think that yours are better?" In a teasing manner. Some friends who have seen them also say they're smooth and they look youthful. I also get comments like my hands feels like hands of a girl due to how soft they are when I held their hands a bit. Guess, I need to appreciate that too.

I think I already said too much and this has gotten long. But in the end, it's a nice feeling that I'm able to appreciate myself physically again.

This is something I've been thinking about since my partner's death, if I'm being honest. If you ask me years ago when we were still together up to a tear ago, I'd just say "Oh, I'm still attractive enough to my partner and that's all that matters to me". Part of it probably comes from low self-esteem and I only care for what my partner thinks and make me feel. While I still consistently do self-care, I stopped worrying too much about my physical appearance, or somewhat felt lack of appreciation about myself.

Fast-forward to the present, or at least, after her death. I feel like it is helping me to value myself more when I look at the positives and learn to appreciate how I look again.

When I was in high school and college, I used to be very particular in making myself look good on how my hair is styled, how I dress up, like I mean overall. I was too self-conscious. Then, like I said, over time and when I started to have stable relationships, I became less worried and conscious. It continued when I met my partner to the point nothing really mattered anymore.

So recently, I just realized I need to get that "feeling" back. Not too much though as I'm.not getting any younger but at least, learn to appreciate things about myself again. I'd start with people who looks at my photo almost always say that I look younger than my age. They say middle to late 20s or early 30s? Oh, I appreciate that a lot even if health-wise, I feel old. I remember my partner used to get compliments that she looks like on her early 20s or middle (she's just younger than me by 1 year) probably because of her small height and jolly/happy attitude towards others. I guess if you seen us 3 together along with my daughter, you'd probably mistaken her as our youngest sister.

Anyway, I remember my partner liking my arms and that's most likely her favorite part of me. She used to lay his face on one of them a lot. Our family friend, who cuts/trims my hair since I was in high school and who eventually took care/maintained my partner's hair over the years, loves my hair a lot. He's one of the best, known stylist here. I guess, I appreciate that my hair does not look like the usual hair of guys my age. It looks more like I'm in my teenage years or early 20s. I should thank him for that. He also likes saying I'm whiter than usual. My partner mentioned that to me too. I guess, my skin complexion is whiter than normal Filipinos. I'm not even Chinese (lots of Filipino-Chinese living here). I should also appreciate that I don't get bad acnes? I get pimples from time to time, but my face probably does some magic and I almost never get any scar from them. I should also feel good when people tell me that I have nice, expressive, brown eyes. I'd just say, my daughter looks at lot like me especially her eyes and people think she's cute and pretty (her mom/my partner has very beautiful, stunning eyes as well). Oh, I guess, that makes me proud. I uses to tease them both "Hey she got her looks from me. Mostly just me" lol. My partner almost always gives me that dagger kind of look.

One thing that has been a revelation to me though, is I didn't realize until the past months, that I have youthful, soft, and almost flawless legs and feet. I love the shape of them as well as my toes. I admit that I adore my partner's legs/feet. I used to compliment her a lot on them. It did came to a point that she did things to maintain them so they will always look and feel fresh. She got too conscious, I'd say. When she was in coma at the hospital, I used to massage her feet a lot. She is ticklish on those so I was also hoping I might wake her up doing that. Either way, I'm sure she liked it. With me though, I was just ignoring my mine over the years. I guess, I remember the time she liked massaging them or putting her feet between mine. Later on, I did not expect that I will appreciate them. It's a weird feeling, really, but positive nonetheless. Sometimes when I look through my phone while sitting or laying in bed, I can't help staring at them a bit and say "Oh, C, you think that yours are better?" In a teasing manner. Some friends who have seen them also say they're smooth and they look youthful. I also get comments like my hands feels like hands of a girl due to how soft they are when I held their hands a bit. Guess, I need to appreciate that too.

I think I already said too much and this has gotten long. But in the end, it's a nice feeling that I'm able to appreciate myself physically again.
I enjoyed reading your beautiful sharing. Thank you for it.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
i've said it before and i'll say it again... idk, maybe saying it is an annual thing... i like my hair. i like that it sort of fluffs out widthwise even in its thinning state these days. i like that it curls. there is a photo of one of the curls somewhere on SF. i bet its on this thread - maybe 2 years ago. my hair is grey too mixed with some of the younger color and that works for me also. i may have some other likable features too but i'm just mentioning the hair here - now. hair! hair! hair! yes!!! hair!!!
👽

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00