What do you like to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday16

SF Supporter
I'm wondering what hobbies or activities everyone enjoys doing. I've been Drawing more lately, an activity I've always loved but haven't done much the past few years. It's helped improved my mood, I feel good and not yet ready to leave this earth when I see something beautiful which I created. I'd love to know what you all do to help keep your mind out of a dark and sad place. Other things I enjoy...
Reading
Writing
Woodworking
Yoga
Hiking and Being Outside in Nature - warm weather is almost here, can't wait!

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Used to be OCD with tropical freshwater fishkeeping but when I closed down my fish room I wasn't in a good place I just started trying to have fish again and its so annoying af now trying to deal w small space and limited electricity before it trips the power. Basically am screwed either way with liquid rock water and space I have. So gonna put that on hold til I move out. It will happen! Cant wait.

Used to cook...now I have a kitchen nazi roommate that absoutely is a pigsty himself. So been eating out and losing my touch in cooking and now hate cooking too lol

Gardening might be something I will might enjoy. Been reading up on a lot of plants those days

Reading Harry Potter series is another thing I need to start doing again too!

@Sunday16. Thanks for the question now I am going to try doing something :)

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
I used to like to do a lot of things, but not so much anymore. Old age, no money, poor health, depression and anxiety have wiped a lot out. but I do love my evening shower, go to bed early and snuggle with my favorite teddy bear while I listen to the radio or read. Have also read the Harry Potter series and it is well worth reading again. Did get a little done in the yard today, but have never really like that very much.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Sunday16

Probably going to attempt some veggies this time around using an unconventional method by planting the popcorn corn everywhere even under the pine tree and see where the heck I can grow next year. Seems deer isn't so fond of corn plantlings as I have too many deer in my backyard...perhaps some tomato plants too

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
For me it's simply having a very hot bubble bath, reading magazines in the bath and relaxing myself. Other things I like to do is look through charity/thrift stores I find that a lot of fun :) Cooking helps my mood as well as does cleaning, have been doing lots more cooking in the last few weeks and it is relaxing, laying in the grass on a hot summers day by a lake is one of my faves! :)

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
school/schoolwork
absorbed into music(most of the time spent tbh)
drawing/watercolor/ collage stuff
gardening/ plant stuff
youtube random things/learn history stuff
reading

WatchingPlanesFlyBy

Captain of the Catwalk
I used to enjoy endurance running. I was running the Manitou Incline and down the Barr trail everyday. And the view from up top is breathtaking

But the last 3 years I've been in a stump, stopped endurance running and only jog once a week. I really want to get back into it but I'm so out of shape and don't have the energy. I guess depression does that. But I'm hopeful and I know I will get back in the saddle.

And of course video games, cinema, cooking, Liam Neeson :rolleyes:

AmboySlim

I used to like running and football but I lost my motivation for that. Same with schoolwork. League of Legends was probably my favourite indoors hobby. Then my laptop broke. I've been sort of dabbling at art. A bit of oil pastel works sometimes (see profile picture) but mainly a lot of photo editing on my phone when I'm out and alone. I've been writing a lot more as well. Short stories and songs every now and then. Never really good. I wanna get better. Jack of all trades but a master of none

Morigna

Reading, playing board games, video games (just bought "Beholder", can't wait to go home and play some more), tv shows like Black Sails and Game of Thrones. If I'm feeling up to it, working on my own writing.

Sunday16

SF Supporter
Reading, playing board games, video games (just bought "Beholder", can't wait to go home and play some more), tv shows like Black Sails and Game of Thrones. If I'm feeling up to it, working on my own writing.
It's so nice to hear someone else likes board games! I love Scattergories but only get to play it when I'm visiting with my nieces. I also love Cribbage, but I don't know anyone who plays it anymore. I hope board games never go out of style :D

bhawk

I have quite an array of hobbies. During the winter im out hunting with the animals, not sure id class that as a hobby as such but its a passion of mine, during the summer im working on bikes and out on my motorbike (much to freya's disapproval) i also race my lurchers at country shows and at our own race events. I love lure swinging with the falcon, not only at work but in my own time too. I also took up paragliding although i havent finished the course yet. I also enjoy a bit of shooting and recently ive been driving horse and carriages for a local open air show, driving rare breed percherons for the show.
Never enough hours in the day lol

I love learning languages and discovering foreign cultures. I find the Japanese language particularly amazing, the way those seemingly difficult but logically built up characters form phrases and sentences, I could gush about how wonderful languages are for hours. I also like reading, watching tv shows or anime, spending time with my cats, listening to music, going for a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00